Spatial Design for Childhood EnvironmentsCredits: 15* | Start date: January 2014 | Duration: 5 | Language: Spanish
Nowadays, the environment in which a child grows up and develops is increasingly taken into account. Architects, designers and artists are more and more requested to synthesize and to embody these concepts in key ideas for the evolution of early childhood education. Schools, leisure spaces and homes are understood as places of interaction between various worlds in which the real and imaginary mix; environments that invite to dream, discovery or experiment; spaces that , by dialogue, encounter and exchanges, set the ground rules for learning and communicating. These educational surroundings should stimulate the expressive and creative skills of their “inhabitants”, while giving very specific functional solutions.
Spatial design for childhood environments requires the understanding of childhood environments as a complex, a habitat that integrates interior and exterior sceneries, furniture, objects and graphic elements. For such purpose a specialized training is required, especially to create the sensibility and consciousness that are required for this kind of projects.
The course aims to train professionals able to confront any assignment that establishes dialectics between project and pedagogy. Specific abilities given by theoretical disciplines such as pedagogy, psychology, sociology or ergonomics will be stimulated. These abilities, applied to the design process, will provide the professionals with a specialized focus on the conception of childhood spatial design in different typologies and scales:
- Domestic area: the house as a continuous organism, and the child’s room in particular.
- Public and social area: school, kindergarten, library, museum or exhibition.
- Territorial field:
– the city: open spaces for kids
– streets and parks: as an element of urban cohesion, as socially revitalizing and integrating participants in common spaces.
Our aim is to offer admission to professionals working in the project and creativity area, and to professionals that are directly linked to the area of pedagogy and education.
The participants should have an academic degree or diploma in:
- Architecture, interior, industrial or graphic design or any other discipline related to the conception of spaces and products.
- Visual Arts
- Education, Pedagogy or any activity directly related to childhood, such as therapists, and performers.
January 14th to June 13th, 2014.
Tuesday and Thursday from 7.30 pm to 10.30pm
This course is taught in Spanish
* The educational planning for all IED Master courses is aligned with the criteria established by the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). The IED Master program has adopted a credit structure that follows the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). The IED Master issues private degrees.
Courses of Design in Barcelona
Official Undergraduate Degree
Continuing study programs
Semester and One Year Programs
|Global Design Duration: 1 year Language: ENG,ESP Start date: 15-10-2013 Credits:||ESP||ENG|