Fashion Communication and Marketing - Academic YearStart date: February 2014 | Duration: 30 weeks | Language: English
The Fashion Communication and Marketing - Academic Year focuses on two of the main factors that determine whether brands that compete in the Fashion system will be successful or not. It aims at training professionals to create and manage integrated promotion strategies, seek external relations with other professional figures working in the field, monitor advertising campaigns, maintain relations with the media and organise events and runway shows. The course is held in partnership with Luisaviaroma, one of the best Italian e-commerce websites for luxury fashion world wide.
The course is aimed at young professionals that wish to improve their competitiveness or change their professional direction; students who wish to gain the basis of Communication and Marketing in the Fashion field both for a continuing education or for entering the working world; and Fashion, Communication or Marketing students who wish to explore the specifics of the Fashion world in their chosen field of study.
At the conclusion of the year-long program participants have the possibility of requesting a 3 to 6 months internship in a fashion company. The Academic Year has a rolling enrolment policy that allows participants that enrol by december 31st are eligible for a 10% discount on the tuition fee.
Florence is the focal point of the Italian renaissance and home to an incredible cultural, artistic and architectural patrimony. These proud traditions are still part of the economic and creative fabric and are a fundamental component of the curriculum. This is why Florence offers, more than other art cities, a unique inspirational patrimony of artistic and cultural heritage that serves as the backdrop to the Academic year program.
Within the last editions of the Academic years collaborations have included companies such as: Luisaviaroma.com, Fendi, Guess Europe, Emilio Pucci, Emilio Cavallini, Gold, Targetti, Elisabetta Franchi, Calvin Klein underwear, Versace, The Mall, I Gigli, and many others.
The Fashion Communication and Marketing - Academic Year is structured as a transversal and focused program that is developed through courses that aim at preparing participants to work in the fashion world. This is achieved during classes and special projects where participants will be working alongside real companies and professional figures, face real issues and improve their problem solving and analysis skills. Academic Years also give a solid basis for participants who wish to further their education. The first part of the program introduces the Communication subjects and focuses in particular on the specific topics of pertinence to the Fashion sector in terms of communicative image and public relations.
These courses aim at providing the transversal and multi-faceted approach necessary to successfully navigate and communicate in the Fashion system, including specific courses on the basics of Fashion Communication, New Media (Digital Communication- focusing on fashion blogging) and Event Planning. The Social Media aspect is enhanced by the partnership with Luisaviaroma and the avant-garde solutions that Florentine artisans are requesting to remain competitive in a world wide market.
The Marketing courses develop further the themes dealt with in the first part of the program which involve the understanding of the commercial and industrial processes of the Fashion industry, including visual merchandising, business plans, pricing and strategic planning through traditional and new media.
The IED has a long and outstanding tradition in the training of profiles for Fashion Design & Management and through the years has developed several contacts and projects with main companies in the Fashion field. This gives participants the added advantage of working alongside professionals and companies during the year and of creating innovative and competitive projects that help participants understand the real issues of the fashion world and improve their team working and creative problem solving skills.
- Communication And Advertising
- Prerequisites: Fashion Communication, Communication basics or equivalent The role of advertising in communication strategies; study of types of advertisement, media and message and how they combine into cohesive communication for fashion companies and products.
- Digital Communication I
- The opportunities offered by new information technologies and communication have brought to a convergence of media of telecommunications and of information regarding fashion projects.
- Fashion Events
- The course will cover step by step how to organize a fashion event. We will analyze all the stakeholders that part of a complex net of interests involved in such events: the artists, press and media, sponsors, public institutions, general public, the team, etc.We will also cover an essential point on an organization event company: the human aspect- the people, it’s leadership, decision making, the team cohesion, etc.
- Fashion Marketing I
- The course offers the basics of marketing in both theoretical and technical terms. From theories and strategies to aid comprehension of commercial contexts to the role of advertising businesses in the establishment of a fashion brand.
- Semiotics For Fashion
- The course concentrates on clothing and its expressive and semiotic components, including how it is represented in different systems. Fashion is interpreted as a story regulated by a specific code that makes it different from every other phenomenon of communications.
- Trend Forecasting
- The study of trends and their origins and predictions; based on cultural and economic factors, participants study the colors, materials and styles that are upcoming and relevant to the renewal of fahion.
- Digital Project Management
- Prerequisites: Digital Communication I and II or equivalent. Examines projects as processes of effective communication strategies and interpersonal relations and identifies the new technologies useful to aiding the efficiency of the project at every step.
- Fashion Graphics
- The study graphic design with programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Keynote (Power Point) to enable students to make outstanding presentations, magazines, web graphics and documents to ensure that their ideas are adopted inside the fashion industry.
- The Italian Fashion System
- Prerequisites: Fashion History or equivalent. An overview of Italian Fashion through the analysis of the unique economic, social and style factors that create Made in Italy products. Company structures and Italian designers are studied and local companies visited.
- New Media Communication
- Prerequisites: Fashion Communication, Public Relations or equivalents. Methods and strategies for communicating a project using new and traditional media: recognizing the creative process (from conception to completion), choosing and organizing the information, interacting with the dialogue partner, studying the most effective communication model to adopt.
- New Media Management
- Prerequisites: Digital Communication I and II or equivalent. Deals with the application of technological tools and methodologies to the artistic production of aesthetics for fashion, including fields such as event planning, installations, videos and all communicative expressions that deal with transversal forms of communications.
- Video Language
- Examines video techniques: supports, duplications, systems and more by analyzing equipment and storyboard creation to arrive at a finished product.
- Visual Merchandising
- Visual Merchandising is a tool to communicate the company’s values through the proper use of the store’s design, fixtures and lighting, and of the displays and decorative techniques. This course will investigate all this fields and will explain the role of a visual merchandiser in any retail operation.
- The Identification of a company’s identity, image and values as a foundation for its effective communication, success and growth.
- Communication And Advertising
Education: Fashion Institute of Technology, New York - La Sapienza University of Rome Experience: Coming from an international culture, Annaluisa Franco studied Fashion Design at Polimoda, Florence, and the Fashion Institute of Technology, New York. Her experience in Fashion brought her to collaborate with the Camera Nazionale della Moda in Milan and continue her studies at the University of Rome ?La Sapienza? in ?Sciences of Fashion and Costume?. She has then taught at the IUAV University of Venice, Academy of Luxury, Florence University of the Arts and and at the IED, Institute of European Design of both Rome and Florence. Courses taught: professor of Semiotics and the Sociology of Communications, Website:www.hipstercurves.com
Camilla Di Biagio
Education: Fashion Degree at IED Istituto Europeo di Design Experience:She began her career by organizing runway shows and following fashion events and theatrical productions as a costumer at the age of 17. After obtaining her diploma she starts collaborations with Roberta Papa and REDSTUDIO at the IED in Rome. Stefano Dominella, creative director and professor at the IED invites Camilla to work along side him in his atelier. The REDSTUDIO event organization also asks Camilla to be the Production director of the AltaRoma high fashion runway shows. Camilla specializes in Event organization and shooting production, particularly of fashion exhibits and runway shows both in Italy and abroad. Some of her collaborations include: STUDIO GALGANO, REDSTUDIO, AlTA ROMA, STEFANIA D'ALESSANDRO MAKE-UP, SERGIO VALENTE, PHILIP MORRIS ITALIA, YOU, MANDARINA DUCK and BULGARI. Courses taught: professor of Fashion Events and Visual Language and Creativity Technique, Events Organization, Styling. Website: http://www.myspace.com/360gradiproduzioni
Education:Architecture Degree from the Florence University and the Ecole d?Architetcture de Paris La Villette. Experience:From 2002 to 2008 she works at Archea Associates where she coordinates and develops exhibits and events. At the same time she coordinates the editorial aspects of the www.floornature.com architectural portal. From 2004 to 2008 she is part of the editorial staff of Area magazine. Her articles are published on several national and international magazines such as Area, Materia, d?Architettura, Progettare, Casa&design China, Recuperare l?Edilizia, City Project. Courses taught: professor of PR, Advertisement and Fashion. Website: http://www.republique.it/ ______________
Courses of Fashion in Florence
Three Year Courses IED
|Fashion Design - Shoes and accessories design Duration: Language: ITA Start date: 28-10-2014 Credits:||ITA||ENG|
|Fashion Communication Duration: Language: ENG Start date: 28-10-2014 Credits:||ITA||ENG|
|Fashion Events and Public Relations Duration: 12 months - Full Time Language: ENG Start date: 01-04-2014 Credits:||ITA||ENG|