Spring Semester in Fashion CommunicationStart date: February 2013 | Duration: 15 weeks | Language: English
The Fashion Communication semester programs at IED Florence are a unique, focused and practical introduction to the fashion industry and the central role of communication. This theme is developed through the courses offered, the companies chosen for collaborations and the project that concludes the semester.
The IED approach offers students the unique opportunity to work directly with industry professionals as part of their academic experience and professional development thanks to long-standing relationships with Italian fashion and design industry leaders.
Central to this didactic philosophy of involving professionals and industry, The IED Florence Fashion Communication program has partnered with LUISAVIAROMA.com. LUISAVIAROMA of Florence, is a premier e-Commerce luxury clothing retailer of the world’s most important designers.
The Spring Fashion Communication semester forms the basis of the program by drawing together the various disciplines that make up the core vision of the program. Project work and collaboration with companies and industry professionals as the foundation of the IED philosophy.
A prime example is the Fashion Communication and Events course, which in 2011 saw students develop, organize and produce a social media communication campaign and press release articles for Fendi’s special project series “Fatto a Mano for the Future”, during the Pitti Uomo fashion week. The event was created with Fendi and involved strategic communication and interviews carried out with new media instruments including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, YouStream and using Ipads, Iphones and other video sources to create a worldwide live participatory experience.
This semester program is open to current students, graduates and professionals seeking to define or acquire new skills and perspective. IED is able to provide further information regarding course content, facilities and faculty upon request. IED facilitates students spending a semester or academic year abroad by facilitating credit transfer in collaboration with the student’s home institution.
- Digital Image Processing
- The application of highly-evolved digital tools to the visual languages of fashion. The curriculum provides students with the basic grounding they need to use the most important programs for processing and transforming images, as well as for mounting and retouching them.
- Fashion Communication
- Students learn the correct methods and criteria to consider in creating a fashion communication strategy. The fashion sector as a new type of communications that ranges from the advertising message to the major event.
- Fashion Materials
- The course offers an analysis of the factors that contribute to the structure of a fashion collection: from the production of fabrics to the composition of a fashion product and the different elements that create it.
- History Of Fashion Photography
The greatest fashion photographers and their impact on aesthetic ideals. Their techniques and style of composition, influences and connections with the art world. Technical analysis of the main photographers’ styles.
- Introduction To Fashion Events
- Covers the basics of Fashion Event planning and communicating starting with the study of case histories of events. Deals with the interconnectivity of physical and digital planning and how to effectively manage a project, client or event with digital tools to increase integrated communication strategies.
- Visual Language
- Introduction to aesthetics; an historical and critical analysis of the most important modern and contemporary artistic and fashion movements, in relation to the development of society and of culture.
- History Of Fashion
- The evolution of styles and tastes in Western fashions from its origins to the mid- nineteenth century. In addition to providing a basic historical and cultural grounding, the course sets out to stimulate the development of the critical and analytical skills necessary for students to interpret contemporary trends.
- Digital Image Processing
Download here the enrollment documentation for the Semester Course
Courses of Fashion in Florence
Three Year Courses IED
|Fashion Design - Shoes and accessories design Duration: Language: ITA Start date: 21-10-2013 Credits:||ITA||ENG|
|Fashion Communication Duration: Language: ENG Start date: 21-10-2013 Credits:||ITA||ENG|
|Fashion Events and Public Relations Duration: 12 months - Full Time Language: ENG Start date: 01-04-2014 Credits:||ITA||ENG|