Fashion Marketing - SemesterStart date: September 2014 | Duration: 15 weeks | Language: English
The Fashion Marketing semester program at IED Florence are a unique, focused and practical introduction to the fashion industry and the central role of communication. This theme is developed through the courses offered, the companies chosen for collaborations and the project that concludes the semester.
The IED approach offers students the unique opportunity to work directly with industry professionals as part of their academic experience and professional development thanks to long-standing relationships with Italian fashion and design industry leaders.
Central to this didactic philosophy of involving professionals and industry, The IED Florence Fashion Marketing semester program has partnered with LUISAVIAROMA.com. LUISAVIAROMA of Florence, is a premier e-Commerce luxury clothing retailer of the world’s most important designers.
The Fashion Marketing semester program focus is developed through the courses offered, the companies chosen for collaborations and the project that concludes the semester. Important courses and topics such as branding and fashion marketing, which are the bases for the creation of effective and strategic marketing plans, coherent brand philosophy and image construction and ultimately good sales will be thoroughly covered in the classroom as well as utilized in student project work and presentations.
Fashion Marketing course Highlight: Fashion Marketing “Ken Scott Study” - The 2011 class project was an analysis of the Ken Scott brand. Students prepared and presented a re-launch of the brand. As part of the project, students met with a designer from Ken Scott, had access to the company archives and gave their final presentations for a member of the Ken Scott international marketing team.
This Fahion Marketing semester program is open to current students, graduates and professionals seeking to define or acquire new skills and perspective. IED is able to provide further information regarding course content, facilities and faculty upon request. IED facilitates students spending a semester or academic year abroad by facilitating credit transfer in collaboration with the student’s home institution.
- Communication And Advertising
- Prerequisites: Fashion Communication, Communication basics or equivalent The role of advertising in communication strategies; study of types of advertisement, media and message and how they combine into cohesive communication for fashion companies and products.
- Digital Communication I
- The opportunities offered by new information technologies and communication have brought to a convergence of media of telecommunications and of information regarding fashion projects.
- Fashion Events
- The course will cover step by step how to organize a fashion event. We will analyze all the stakeholders that part of a complex net of interests involved in such events: the artists, press and media, sponsors, public institutions, general public, the team, etc.We will also cover an essential point on an organization event company: the human aspect- the people, it’s leadership, decision making, the team cohesion, etc.
- Fashion Marketing I
- The course offers the basics of marketing in both theoretical and technical terms. From theories and strategies to aid comprehension of commercial contexts to the role of advertising businesses in the establishment of a fashion brand.
- Semiotics For Fashion
- The course concentrates on clothing and its expressive and semiotic components, including how it is represented in different systems. Fashion is interpreted as a story regulated by a specific code that makes it different from every other phenomenon of communications.
- Trend Forecasting
- The study of trends and their origins and predictions; based on cultural and economic factors, participants study the colors, materials and styles that are upcoming and relevant to the renewal of fahion.
- The Identification of a company’s identity, image and values as a foundation for its effective communication, success and growth.
- Communication And Advertising
Education:Architecture Degree from the Florence University and the Ecole d?Architetcture de Paris La Villette. Experience:From 2002 to 2008 she works at Archea Associates where she coordinates and develops exhibits and events. At the same time she coordinates the editorial aspects of the www.floornature.com architectural portal. From 2004 to 2008 she is part of the editorial staff of Area magazine. Her articles are published on several national and international magazines such as Area, Materia, d?Architettura, Progettare, Casa&design China, Recuperare l?Edilizia, City Project. Courses taught: professor of PR, Advertisement and Fashion. Website: http://www.republique.it/ ______________
Courses of Fashion in Florence
Three Year Courses IED
|Fashion Design - Shoes and accessories design Duration: Language: ITA Start date: 28-10-2014 Credits:||ITA||ENG|
|Fashion Communication Duration: Language: ENG Start date: 28-10-2014 Credits:||ITA||ENG|
|Fashion Events and Public Relations Duration: 12 months - Full Time Language: ENG Start date: 01-04-2014 Credits:||ITA||ENG|