Graphic DesignStart date: February 2013 | Duration: 12 Months - Full Time | Language: English
The Master in Graphic Design offers a path that is developed in a continuous relation between different fields, integrating the knowledge of the tools and technologies, the project culture and methodology with a sensibility towards Visual Communication and its representations.
Particular attention will be given to New Media and the new frontiers of Web Communication, in order to create professional figures capable of acting within an evolving/developing scenario.
The Graphic Designer figure, today, is particularly dynamic; he is not only an expert in Visual Languages, but also a director of Communication Strategies based on the sign that is expressed on physical support in both real locations and virtual environments.
The Graphic Designer works in Advertisement and Communication Companies, in Web Agencies, in Publishing Houses or as a Freelancer in his own facility; he is able of interacting with multiple clients in different fields thanks to a developed versatility.
This professional figure, in fact, has the necessary tools to keep updated and anticipate the times, offering innovative solutions to his clients.
The Master in Graphic Design derives from the need to fill the gap that is often created between available study paths and the ever-more demanding professional world, particularly in terms of acquired experiences and skills. ?From Graphics to Information Design to Web Communication to Editing to Advertisement Communication, the Graphic Design Master offers a path that is developed in a continuous relation between different fields, integrating the knowledge of the tools and technologies, the project culture and methodology with a sensibility towards Visual Communication and its?representations.
Particular attention will be given to New Media and the new frontiers of Communication, in order to create professional figures capable of acting within an evolving/developing scenario.
The Master Course in Graphic Design involves crossed-contributions in areas such as: Digital New Media, Corporate Identity, Product Communication, Publishing, Design History and Contemporary Expressive Languages.?Emphasis will be given to widespread softwares used in the creation of Vectorial Graphics, Brands and Logos, Publishing, Editing, Animation and Multimedia.?The Graphic Design Master offers a complete program using careful balance of theory, method and project experience.
To this end it utilizes the collaboration of Advertising Agencies and Design Studios, as well as testimonials and professors of the specific professional fields. The course is also enriched by specific studies such as ‘Graphic Elements for iPhone and iPad’.
Development of a final project that is in line with the course contents.
The final project can be developed individually or within a small group and is generally connected to a company, recreating the relationship between commissioner and freelance studio. The purpose of the final work is to direct the study path towards the field or area that the student is most interested in, and allow them to begin a professional career.
A team of professors and/or tutors will follow the students in the creation of their chosen final work in order to maintain high quality standards. The final work is necessary to enrich the student’s portfolio that will include, as well as the final work, many of the projects produced during the other courses and exams.
- Art History
- History Of Design, Graphics And Communication
- A study path beginning with prehistoric graffiti and ending with the new trends and fashions of Communication. This course will focus mainly on the major events of the XXth century.
Elements of general semiotics: definition of the semiotic area, the choices of the field and the unified theory of signs. An approach to complex problems presented by different shapes and by representation and communication languages.
- Visual Communication
- Gives a historical perspective of visual languages that stimulates participant’s approach to different inputs constantly received by different communication medias.
- Sociology Of Communication
- Marketing (classical & International, Viral & Guerrilla)
- The different market segments, analysis of the critical factors of success. Aspects of marketing: consumer behavior and needs, product values, consumer satisfaction.
- Color & Print (printing Technologies: Pre-press)
- Preparing definitive proofs for production, for both high-end and digital press. Proofreading, budgeting production costs.
- Typography & Type Direction
- A foundation in graphic design: history, design, review and the proper use of typefaces, composition of text and images, designing pages with balance between various elements.
- Adobe Suite Advanced / Media Design
- Creative Process
- Looking at problems or situations from a fresh perspective that suggests differents solutions, involving the discovery of new ideas and concepts.
- Corporate & Coordinate Image
- The study of all the elements that create the visual identity of the company (study name, logo, business card, registered paper)
- Corporate Identity
- It is the creation of a fashion brand and its corporative image and logo with the marketing and graphic design strategy. Book project showing the evolution of the corporative identity linked with thethesis personal project.
- Publishing Design
- Constructing text “stories” and images in the context of complex publications such as magazines, newspapers, corporate brochures, books etc.
- Looks at packaging as the consumer’s initial experience of the product and of brand corporate identity
- Presentation Techniques
Introduction to the techniques necessary to present a communication project. From research to market analysis, communication product, mailing list. PowerPoint and Excel.
- Advertising (management And Business Communication)
- Introduction to business communication topics: communicating, informing, promoting.
- Accounting & Professional Development
- Seminars on topics in communication, marketing, business studies, project presentation skills, client relationship management, administration, finance and laws related to the profession.
- Filanl Work
- Development of a final project that is in line with the course contents.
- Art History
Courses of Visual Communication in Florence
Three Year Courses IED
|Advertising Communication Duration: 3 Years Language: ITA Start date: 2013-10-21 Credits:||ITA||ENG|
|Graphic Design Duration: 12 Months - Full Time Language: ENG Start date: February 2013 Credits:||ITA||ENG|
|Advanced Graphic Design Duration: 4 Weeks Language: ENG Start date: 25-06-2013 Credits:||ITA||ENG|
|Graphic Design and Portfolio Duration: 4 weeks Language: ENG Start date: June 2013 Credits:||ITA||ENG|