Official Undergraduate Degree Fashion DesignMajor study: Fashion Design and Creative Direction Credits: 240 ECTS | Start date: October 2013 | Duration: 4 years | Language: Spanish
Look up the Study Program of the IED campus in: Milan Rome Turin Barcelona São Paulo
The Official Undergraduate Degree in Fashion Design, Creative Management equivalent to a University Degree trains student as a fashion’s creative director: a designer able to develop strategic thinking, to plan new ideas and develop them.
Professional opportunities: Creative director, Art director, Communication director, Fashion illustrator, Stage designer, Fashion show choreographer, Event creator, Trend and image consultant
It is necessary to have a global view of the fashion market, the textile industry and of its functioning. In this sense, the learning program of the Official Undergraduate Degree in Fashion Design, Creative Management stresses in particular the knowledge of the process of creation, production, distribution and communication of a fashion company that can me a brand, a publication, a shop, an institution or a fair.
The new communication formats, as the Fashion Movies in Internet, coexist with the classic fashion shows, advertising campaigns and special events, needing a professional able of leading the creativity of the fashion projects in all disciplines.
The training in all the Official Undergraduate Degrees in Fashion Design of the IED Madrid has an international focus. Student chooses the language (Spanish or English) of his classes during the first year in any Official Undergraduate Degree in Fashion Design. If he chooses English, the program includes classes of Spanish, and vice versa. The three following years are taught in both languages for all of students, with subjects in Spanish and English.
Remember that to study an Official Undergraduate Degree in Design it is not necessary to pass the University Entrance Exam (PAU), but only our admission tests
The academics of the first year of the Degree in Fashion Design, specializing in Creative Direction, focus on the acquisition of basic design knowledge (color, drawing), culture (the history of art and design) and project methodology, all of which are essential in establishing the foundations of a competent professional capable of working in any of the different fields of design.
The second year’s academics probe further into the technical, cultural and project knowledge essential for students to begin focusing on a specialization of their choice.
The academics of the third and fourth years focus on students’ specializations as creative management professionals who are capable of introducing innovations into all phases of fashion company processes. Students’ extensive historical knowledge enables their understanding of the current situation of the fashion industry and allows them to formalize new concepts and identities in the development of their professional career, which proves to be extremely effective in the highly competitive international market. The fourth year culminates in a final degree project, which is a reflection of the students’ training, and a professional job application letter.
This program has been recognized by the Autonomous Government of Madrid and the Spanish National Government as an official Degree in Fashion Design.
- Design Foundations. Analysis
- Design Foundations. Devising
- Digital Technology
- Drawing. Analysis
- Drawing. Communication
- Dressmaking Techniques
- Historical And Artistic Contexts Of Fashion Design
- Scientific Foundations Of Design
- Systems Of Representation
- Theory And History Of Art
- Dressmaking Techniques. Processes
- Expression And Communication Techniques
- Fashion Design. Analysis And Devising
- Fashion Design. Communication
- Fashion Drawing
- Industrial Patternmaking
- Photography And Audiovisuals
- Representation Systems Applied To Fashion
- Textiles Technology. Materials
- Textiles Technology. Media
- Textiles Technology. Processes
- Theory And Culture Of Design
- Theory And History Of Design
- Business Organisation
- Design. Fashion Accessories
- Fashion Design. Development
- Fashion Image
- Fashion Photography
- A transversal view of beauty and how fashion is communicated through images. A path of beauty and fashion perception analyzed through the most significant contributors of the field.
- History Of Apparel
- History Of Fashion
- The evolution of styles and tastes in Western fashions from its origins to the mid- nineteenth century. In addition to providing a basic historical and cultural grounding, the course sets out to stimulate the development of the critical and analytical skills necessary for students to interpret contemporary trends.
- Industrial Patternmaking. Dressmaking
- Industrial Patternmaking. Scaling
- Optional Subject: Fashion Specialisation
- Spectacle And Audiovisual Media Style Design
- Style Design Projects
- Textiles Technology. Lace And Embroidery
- Textiles Technology. Printing And Dyeing
- End-of-degree Project
- Fashion Business Management
- Optional Subject: Fashion Management
- Optional Subject: Fashion Marketing
- Optional Subject: Fashion Portfolio
- Optional Subject: Fashion Research
- Optional Subject: Global Fashion Context
- Optional Subject: New Fashion Technologies
- Optional Subject: Professional Fashion Orientation
- Optional Subject: Tutored Practical Experience
- Optional Subject: Visual Fashion Communication
Courses of Fashion in Madrid
Official Undergraduate Degree
Three Year Courses IED
|IED Diploma Image, Style Design and Fashion Communication Duration: 3 years Language: ESP Start date: 2013-10-13 Credits:||ESP||ENG|
|Fashion Stylism Duration: 4 months Language: ESP Start date: March 2013 Credits:||ESP||ENG|
Semester and One Year Programs
|Fashion Communication Duration: One Year Language: ENG Start date: October 2013 Credits:||ESP||ENG|
|Personal Shopper Duration: 80 hours Language: ESP Start date: July 2013 Credits:||ESP||ENG|