Official Undergraduate Degree Fashion DesignMajor study: Fashion Design Credits: 240 ECTS | Start date: October 2013 | Duration: 4 years | Language: Spanish
Look up the Study Program of the IED campus in: Milan Rome Turin Barcelona São Paulo
The Official Undergraduate Degree in Fashion Design, equivalent to a University Degree trains students in the process of the fashion system: identity and trade mark, design and manufacturing of collection, communication strategies, distribution and production.
Students learn to use the conceptual, methodological and project tools necessary for the design and development of collections in different sectors: male and female Prêt-à-porter, children’s, sportswear, lingerie, swimsuits, etc.
Professional opportunities: Fashion designer. Design assistant. Illustrator. Cool Hunter. Prototype manager. Product manager. Production manager
The international standpoint of the career, the direct knowledge of the sector and the technical training turn students into high qualified professionals of the design. In the creative projects the concept of fashion identity is considered from different perspectives: the creation of a brand, the design of a collection in collaboration with a company, the manufacturing of a wardrobe or the development of different lines of collection under a same brand philosophy.
The Official Undergraduate Degree in Fashion Design offers also a wide optional area with workshops and competitions specialized in the collection design.
The training in all the Official Undergraduate Degrees in Fashion Design of the IED Madrid has an international focus. Student chooses the language (Spanish or English) of his classes during the first year in any Official Undergraduate Degree in Fashion Design. If he chooses English, the program includes classes of Spanish, and vice versa. The three following years are taught in both languages for all of students with subjects in Spanish and English.
Remember that to study an Official Undergraduate Degree in Design it is not necessary to pass the University Entrance Exam (PAU), but only our admission tests.
The academics of the first year of the Degree in Fashion Design focus on the acquisition of basic design knowledge (color, drawing), culture (the history of art and design) and project methodology, all of which are essential in establishing the foundations of a competent professional capable of working in any of the different fields of design.
The second year’s academics probe further into the technical, cultural and project knowledge essential for students to begin focusing on a specialization of their choice.
The academics of the third and fourth years focus on students’ specializations as creative fashion professionals who are capable of working in all phases of industrial production and product commercialization, with a solid cultural base and profound technical knowledge of natural, artificial, synthetic and technological fibers, as well as textile production processes. The fourth year culminates in a final degree project, which is a reflection of the students’ training, and a professional job application letter.
This program has been recognized by the Autonomous Government of Madrid and the Spanish National Government as an official Degree in Fashion Design.
- Design Foundations. Analysis
- Design Foundations. Devising
- Drawing. Analysis
- Drawing. Communication
- Systems Of Representation
- Digital Technology
- Scientific Foundations Of Design
- Theory And History Of Art
- Dressmaking Techniques
- Historical And Artistic Contexts Of Fashion Design
- Photography And Audiovisuals
- Expression And Communication Techniques
- Theory And History Of Design
- Theory And Culture Of Design
- Textiles Technology. Materials
- Textiles Technology. Media
- Textiles Technology. Processes
- Representation Systems Applied To Fashion
- Dressmaking Techniques. Processes
- Industrial Patternmaking
- Fashion Design. Analysis And Devising
- Fashion Design. Communication
- Fashion Drawing
- Business Organisation
- Textiles Technology. Printing And Dyeing
- Textiles Technology. Lace And Embroidery
- Industrial Patternmaking. Scaling
- Industrial Patternmaking. Dressmaking
- History Of Apparel
- History Of Fashion
- The evolution of styles and tastes in Western fashions from its origins to the mid- nineteenth century. In addition to providing a basic historical and cultural grounding, the course sets out to stimulate the development of the critical and analytical skills necessary for students to interpret contemporary trends.
- Style Design Projects
- Fashion Photography
- A transversal view of beauty and how fashion is communicated through images. A path of beauty and fashion perception analyzed through the most significant contributors of the field.
- Spectacle And Audiovisual Media Style Design
- Fashion Design. Development
- Design. Fashion Accessories
- Fashion Image
- Optional Subjects: Fashion Specialisation
- Fashion Marketing
- The different market segments, analysis of the critical factors of success, creation of a basic business plan. Aspects of marketing: consumer behavior and needs, product values, customer satisfaction. Analysis and use of internet as a communication and business tool, On line & off line marketing.
- Fashion Business Management
- End-of-degree Project
- Tutored Practical Experience
- Optional Subjects: Global Fashion Context
- Optional Subjects: Professional Fashion Orientation
- Optional Subjects: Fashion Portfolio
- Optional Subjects: New Fashion Technologies
- Optional Subjects: Visual Fashion Communication
- Optional Subjects: Fashion Research
- Optional Subjects: Fashion Management
- Design Foundations. Analysis
Courses of Fashion in Madrid
Official Undergraduate Degree
Three Year Courses IED
|IED Diploma Image, Style Design and Fashion Communication Duration: 3 years Language: ESP Start date: 2013-10-13 Credits:||ESP||ENG|
|Fashion Stylism Duration: 4 months Language: ESP Start date: March 2013 Credits:||ESP||ENG|
Semester and One Year Programs
|Fashion Communication Duration: One Year Language: ENG Start date: October 2013 Credits:||ESP||ENG|
|Personal Shopper Duration: 80 hours Language: ESP Start date: July 2013 Credits:||ESP||ENG|