Spring Semester in Fashion Design - Building CollectionStart date: January 29 - June 14, 2013 | Duration: 15 weeks | Language: English
IED Milan Moda “Fashion Design – Building a Collection” semester program is conceived and structured as a comprehensive overview of the Italian leaders in fashion and textile design focusing on professionals, companies, trademarks, events and trade fairs connected with the world of style.
The objective of the “trend” semester is to deepen the student’s understanding of the “Italian design system” from the management and design methodology perspective. Course content and site visits focus on building a solid analytical and theoretical base in order to interpret and understand trends.
Students will be introduced to the unequalled atmosphere of Italian Fashion World: with its continuous innovations in style, unrivalled number of style production related companies, international fashion shows and boutiques.
The IED approach offers students the unique opportunity to work directly with industry professionals as part of their academic experience and professional development thanks to long-standing relationships with Italian fashion and design industry leaders.
Students enrolling in semester programs at the IED have the option to extend to a full “Academic Year / One Year” program by adding an additional semester either in the same field or different discipline or they can opt for the Two City Option by enrolling in an additional semester at another IED location offering semester programs. Currently only IED Florence and Milan offer this option.
This semester program is open to current students, graduates and professionals seeking to define or acquire new skills and perspective. IED is able to provide further information regarding course content, facilities and faculty upon request. IED facilitates students spending a semester or academic year abroad by facilitating credit transfer in collaboration with the student’s home institution.
- Art In Fashion
- An historical and critical analysis of modern and contemporary artistic movements and artists of the 19th and 20th Century: Impressionism, Post Impressionism, Art Nouveau, Expressionism, Cubism, Surrealism. An integral part of the course will be site visits including relevant historical sites, museums and exhibitions.
- Computer Design Applications
- Mastery of Photoshop and Illustrator in order to complete projects. Introduction to the software tools used for the design and the communication of a collection, developing various techniques applied to fashion designing.
- Dressing And Self-decorating Communication
- How “dressing” is a means of individual, social and cultural communication. Clothing and accessories are filters and junctions for the articulation of the dynamic dialogues amongst me, myself, my body, the others, my culture, and my expectations. Analysis will focus on the different communication levels mediated by clothes; communicating myself: work on the different communication levels mediated by clothes; cultural background; Decorating the senses; Keywords and mood boards. Project work will consist of producing a fashion/ jewelry/accessories collection and book project.
- Fashion Drawing
- History Of Fashion And Accessories
- The fashion world and its evolution from the second part of the 19th century to today; Introduction to the most significant rudiments of history of costume from the Italian Renaissance to Napoleon; The relationships between political and social changes and costume development; The fundamental role of fashion designers and accessories designers in these changes, the ability to translate all with their own abilities and understanding of Fashion.
- Introduction To Color
- Discussion of the key issues linked to the use of color. Appraisal of color management methods, considered as a project tool. The Chromatic system; Color physics and chromatic harmony; The perception and the social use of color; Color matching techniques; The reading of Loesche psychological test; Demonstrations and practical exercises on color matching and color board development.
- Art In Fashion
Download here the enrollment documentation for the Semester Course
Courses of Fashion in Milan
Bachelor degree of arts
Three Year Courses IED
|Course of Fashion Marketing Duration: Language: ITA Start date: 21-10-2013 Credits:||ITA||ENG|