The three-year technological faculty degree programmes offered and held by IED São Paulo leading to DIPLOMA DE GRADUAÇÃO TECNOLOGICA are:
Product Design (Decree n. 261, issued on Sept. 29Th 2009)
Graphic Design (Decree n. 262, issued on Sept 29th 2009)
Interior Design (Decree n. 263, issued on Sept 29th 2009)
Fashion Design (Decree n. 264, issued on Sept 29th 2009).
Jewelry Production (Decree n. 266, issued on Sept 29th 2009)
The technological faculty degree (DIPLOMA DE GRADUAÇÃO TECNOLOGICA) will be issued at the end of the course, after the presentation of a final project. The degree is officially recognized in Brazil and allows the students to go on their studies in post-graduate programmes such as Latu Sensu (Master and Specialization 360h/400h) and Strictu Sensu (Research Master and Doctorate PhD). For academic and organizational information on the courses, please visit www.ied.edu.br
In order to be eligible for admission to a THREE-YEAR TECHNOLOGICAL FACULTY DEGREE programme at IED São Paulo, you need to:
– Hold a high school certificate or equivalent, validated by the Brazilian Authorities (in your country and in Brazil)
– Comply with the IED pre-enrollment and enrollment process
– Pass the Official Admission Exam in Brazil
THE PROCESS IN 3 STEPS
Please read carefully and follow all the steps: in case of doubts, do not hesitate to contact us by email at:firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at; +55 21 36833786 or at skype account : ied.brasil.international
1) Previous step in your country
2) Admission and Enrolment in Brazil
3) Visa Request in your country
IED ADMISSION AND ENROLMENT PROCESS AT A GLANCE INTAKE 1 / INTAKE 2
1) PREVIOUS STEP IN YOUR COUNTRY
1.1. GO TO THE CLOSER BRAZILIAN CONSULATE\EMBASSY IN YOUR COUNTRY TO GET INFORMATION ON STUDENT VISA PROCESSES AND HIGH SCHOOL DEGREE VALIDATIONS.
Student visa application and high school degrees\certificates validations may vary from country to country due to governments’ bilateral agreements: so, first of all, contact and\or go to the closer Brazilian Consulate\Embassy in your country to:
● Ask information on student visa application process (timing, needed documents, etc.)
● Explain that you are willing to attend Faculdade de Tecnologia do Istituto Europeo di Design – São Paulolegally registered by Brazilian Education Ministry [Ministerial Decree n. 885, issued on Sept. the 18Th of 2009]
● Ask for validation (chancelar) of the following documents:
a. Your High School Diploma or equivalent.
b. Your Official High School Transcript Certificate (historico escolar)
c. Your Birth certificate
1.2 TRASLATE INTO PORTUGUESE ALL THE DOCUMENTS LISTED ABOVE
Once validated, your documents must be translated into Portuguese by a sworn translator, who is normally indicated by the Brazilian Consulate itself. You need to take all the documents listed before (validated by the Consulate\Embassy and translated into Portuguese) with you in Brazil, where you will have to present them to a local Board of Education to obtain a second validation (please see chapter 2.3)
Important note: depending on the country, the translation into Portuguese may have to be done directly in Brazil: ask the Brazilian Consulate\Embassy to clarify this point.
1.3. CHECK YOUR PORTUGUESE LANGUAGE SKILLS
As the IED faculty degree courses are held in Portuguese, you are requested to have a good command of the language.
If you are not proficient in Portuguese, IED is glad to put at your disposal a Portuguese Language Course within the Intensive Integration & Preparatory Course at IED São Paulo. This course will lead you to the officialCelpeBRAS certification of proficiency in Portuguese.
If you are a citizen of the CEPLOP community (the Community of Portuguese Speaking Countries), or if you already have a good command of Portuguese officially certified (by CelpeBRAS certification), you will not need to attend the Portuguese Language Module.
Anyway our staff will contact with you by telephone or skype, to make a short interview in order to help you to determinate your level of Portuguese.
Important note: please, consider that to formally complete you educational experience in Brazil, is compulsory to present \obtain the CELPE-Bras certificate
1.4. COMPLY WITH THE IED PRE-ENROLMENT PROCEDURES
– A copy of your Passport
– A copy of your High School Degree\Certificate and a copy of your Official High School
– Transcript Certificate (historico escolar), both validated (chancelado) by the Brazilian
– Consulate\Embassy and translated into Portuguese by a sworn translator.
– A copy of your Birth Certificate validated (chancelado) by the Brazilian
– Consulate\Embassy and translated into Portuguese by a sworn translator
– The IED admission forms completely filled in and duly signed
– A motivation letter (maximum 1 page)
– Admission request to the Intensive Integration & Preparatory Course (if requested – including – or not – the Portuguese Language Course) and the related fee payment receipt
The pre-enrolment fee (30% of the annual fee) payment receipt
2) ADMISSION AND ENROLMENT PROCESS IN BRAZIL
2.1 OFFICIAL ADMISSION TEST IN BRAZIL AT IED SÃO PAULO
In order to be eligible for admission to a THREE-YEAR TECHNOLOGICAL FACULTY DEGREE programme at IED São Paulo, you need to pass the Official Admission Test, that will take place at IED São Paulo.
The Official Admission Test is composed by two parts: a written composition in Portuguese and a creativity test.
2.2 INTENSIVE INTEGRATION & PREPARATORY COURSE
IED warmly recommends the foreign candidates to come to Brazil three months before the Official Admission Test, to attend the Intensive Integration & Preparatory Course held by IED São Paulo.
The course is composed by three modules aimed at:
● Providing foreign candidates with a good oral and written communication skills in Portuguese
● Making foreign candidates familiar with socio-economic and cultural aspects of Brazil and Latin America, emphasizing the cultural trends in Design, Manufacturing and Creative Industry.
● Preparing foreign candidates for the Official Admission Test, with special emphasis on Creativity and Visual Language Tools.
The Intensive Integration & Preparatory Course is held in Portuguese at IED São Paulo, lasts three months on an intensive scheme of afternoon lessons. The Course includes visits to Museums, Cultural Centers, Design Companies, meetings with professionals and Philosophical Cafés. The Intensive Integration & Preparatory Course fee, timetable and application form will soon be available on this web site. For more information and inscriptions, please contact with us at; email@example.com
2.3 HIGH SCHOOL CERTIFICATES VALIDATION IN BRASIL / OTHER DOCUMENTS
Your High School Degree and your Official High School Transcript Certificate (historico escolar), previously validated by the Brazilian Consulate in your country and translated by a sworn translator, have to be presented to the State Secretary of Education (São Paulo) to obtain a final validation.
As soon as you arrive in Brazil, please contact the IED São Paulo Academic Department to help you with this step.
IED will help you as well to obtain the CPF (the Brazilian Fiscal Code Number) necessary for the enrolment.
Once you have:
– Passed the Official Admission Test
– Presented the validation of your High School Degree and High School Transcript Certificate by the State Secretary of Education
– Presented the CPF
– Paid the rest of the enrolment fee (70% of the annual fee)
You will receive from IED São Paulo:
a. Certificate of Admission which enables you to demonstrate to the Brazilian Diplomatic Authorities in your country that you have passed the Official Admission Test and have complied with all the admission procedures.
b. Invoice Certificate of the enrollment to IED THREE-YEAR TECHNOLOGICAL FACULTY DEGREE programme
c. IED General Administrative conditions and regulations
d. IED Academic and Campus rules and regulations
3) VISA REQUEST IN YOUR COUNTRY
You now have to go to the Brazilian Consulate\Embassy in your country and formally APPLY to obtain a Student Visa, presenting:
- Certificate of Admission which enables you to demonstrate to the Brazilian Diplomatic Authorities that you have passed the Official Admission Test and have complied with all the admission procedures.
- Invoice Certificate of the enrollment at the IED THREE-YEAR TECHNOLOGICAL FACULTY DEGREEprogramme
- Your Passport
- Any other document requested to the citizens of your country by the Brazilian Diplomatic Authorities
(please go to the point 1.1)
In case you do not succeed in obtaining your VISA, please inform us as soon as possible to activate the reimbursement procedures, according to the Brazilian Consumer Law (Lei Federal 8.708/11.09.90).
Congratulations, you have completed all the steps and obtained the Visa!
You are now a IED STUDENT able to live your IED BRAZIL experience!
B) IED NETWORK EXPERIENCE: DIRECT ADMISSIONS TO THE SECOND YEAR OF THE IED TECHNOLOGICAL FACULTY DEGREE IN DESIGN, ALL SPECIALTIES
- Exchanges experiences to IED São Paulo are only possible during the second year
- IED students willing to attend the second year in IED São Paulo, are cordially invited to contact previously the academic department of their School.
- Other University Students willing to participate in the IED Network Experience and be admitted to attend the 2nd year of the IED TECHNOLOGICAL FACULTY in São Paulo, must scan and send by email firstname.lastname@example.org
the following documents
- Copy of the Passport
- Transfer Student Form duly filled and signed (downloadable by the IED web page);
- Copy of the Official Study Certificate translated into Portuguese, specifying the credits obtained (transcript)
- Copy of your High School Degree validated (chancelado) by the Brazilian Consulate\Embassy and translated into Portuguese by a sworn translator
- A University official document (Syllabus) with the description of the subjects (officially translated in Portuguese)
- Curriculum Vitae in Portuguese;
- A Digital Portfolio.
Once that IED has received all these documents, the Academic Council will appraise the application’s suitability.
If admitted, the applicant will have to undergo an interview by phone or skype with a member of the Academic Staff, to evaluate the proficiency in Portuguese and the general motivations of the candidate.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL THE DIRECT ADMISSIONS PROCESS IS UNDER REVIEW AND SOME PROCEDURAL CHANGES MAY HAPPEN.