Postgraduate courses (Masters) offered by the Faculty of Technology of the Istituto Europeo di Design are in compliance and meet the Resolution CNE / CES n°1 (3 April 2001) and N° 1 (8 June 2007) of MEC – Ministry of Education. The course is divided into disciplines (360h) and the end of the program, students must submit a term paper, thesis or project, depending on the modality chosen for that class (40h) to reach 400h.
IED Brazil Masters are addressed to:
– students who have just finished university in the fields of design, fashion and communication so that they can gain professional skills or follow a research career aimed at developing their personal knowledge;
– students who obtained a university degree in other fields so that they can build a career in the fields of design, fashion, and visual communication;
– students with relevant work experience so that they can strengthen and improve their personal knowledge and professional skills.
IF YOU ARE A STUDENT WHO GRADUATED in IED Italy or Spain, WILLING TO ATTEND A MASTER COURSE AT IED SÃO PAULO, PLEASE CONTACT US BY EMAIL AT: firstname.lastname@example.org OR BY PHONE AT; +55 21 36833786 OR AT SKYPE ACCOUNT : ied.brasil.international
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDENTS WHO DID NOT GRADUATE IN IED
In order to be eligible for admission to a MASTER (POS-GRADUAÇÃO LATU SENSU) programme at IED São Paulo, you need to:
– Hold a University Degree or equivalent, validated by the Brazilian Authorities (in your country and in Brazil)
– Comply with the IED pre-enrollment and post-enrollment process
THE PROCESS IN 3 STEPS
Please read carefully and follow all the steps: in case of doubts, do not hesitate in contacting us by email at:email@example.com or by phone at; +55 21 36833786 or at skype account : ied.brasil.international
– Previous step in your country
– Visa Request in your country
– Post-enrollment process in Brazil
IED ADMISSION AND ENROLMENT PROCESS AT A GLANCE
1) PREVIOUS STEP IN YOUR COUNTRY
1.1. Get academic information and COURSE SCHEDULE in our website about the master you are interested in.
a. your Passport;
b. Your University Degree
c. Your Official Study Certificate (expediente academico)
d. A motivation letter in Portuguese (maximum 1 page)
e. Your CV in Portuguese up-dated
f. a digital Porfolio
1.3 ONCE THAT YOU PASSED OUR ATTITUDINAL EVALUATION, GO TO THE CLOSER BRAZILIAN CONSULATE\EMBASSY IN YOUR COUNTRY TO GET INFORMATION ON STUDENT VISA PROCESSES AND UNIVERSITY DEGREE AND CERTIFICATES VALIDATIONS.
Student visa application and university degrees\certificates validations may vary from country to country due to governments’ bilateral agreements: so first of all, contact and\or go to the closer Brazilian Consulate\Embassy in your country to:
● Ask information about student visa application process (timing, needed documents, etc.)
● Explain that you are willing to attend Faculdade de Tecnologia do Istituto Europeo di Design – São Paulolegally registered by Brazilian Education Ministry [Ministerial Decree n. 885, issued on Sept. the 18Th of 2009]
● Ask for validation (chancelar) of the following documents:
a. university degree or equivalent.
b. your official study certificate (expediente academico)
c. a university official document (syllabus) with the description of the subjects
d. copy of your high school diploma validated (chancelado) by the brazilian consulate\embassy
e. your birth certificate
1.4 TRASLATE INTO PORTUGUESE ALL THE DOCUMENTS LISTED ABOVE
Once validated (chancelado), your degree must be translated into Portuguese by a sworn translator, who is normally indicated by the Brazilian Consulate itself. You need to take all the documents listed before (validated by the Consulate\Embassy and translated into Portuguese) with you in Brazil, where you will have to present them to a local Board of Education to obtain a second validation (IED will help you through this process).
Important note: depending on the country, the translation into Portuguese may have to be done directly in Brazil: ask the Brazilian Consulate\Embassy to clarify this point.
1.5. CHECK YOUR PORTUGUESE LANGUAGE SKILLS
As the IED Master courses are held in Portuguese, you are requested to have a good command of the language. If you are not proficient in Portuguese, IED is glad to put at your disposal a Portuguese Language Course within the Intensive Integration & Preparatory Course at IED São Paulo, that lead to obtain the official CelpeBRAScertification of proficiency in Portuguese language.
If you are a citizen of the CEPLOP community (the Community of Portuguese Speaking Countries), or if you already have a good command of Portuguese officially certified (by CelpeBRAS certification), you will not need to attend the Portuguese Language Module. Anyway our staff will contact with you by telephone or skype, to make a short interview in order to help you to determinate your level of Portuguese.
1.6. COMPLY WITH THE IED PRE-ENROLEMENT PROCEDURES
● all the documents listed in 1.3
● Application Form duly filled and signed (downloadable by the IED web page)
● The pre-enrolment fee (30% of the total Master fee) payment receipt.
● Admission request for the Portuguese Language Course (if necessary) and the related fee payment receipt
2) VISA REQUEST IN YOUR COUNTRY
After completing the pre-enrolment procedures you will have to go to the nearest Brazilian Consulate\Embassy in your country and formally APPLY to obtain a Student Visa, presenting:
- Certificate of Admission which enables you to demonstrate to the Brazilian Diplomatic Authorities that you have complied with all the pre-enrolment procedures.
- Invoice Certificate of the enrollment to the chosen IED Master programme
- Your Passport
- Any other document requested to the citizens of your country by the Brazilian Diplomatic Authorities
(please go to the point 1.1)
In case you do not succeed in obtaining your VISA, please inform us as soon as possible to activate the reimbursement procedures, according to the Brazilian Consumer Law (Lei Federal 8.708/11.09.90)
3) POST-ENROLLMENT PROCESS IN BRAZIL
3.1 ONCE IN BRAZIL YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY THE REST OF YOUR COURSE FEE BEFORE THE BEGINNING OF THE COURSE
3.2. INTENSIVE INTEGRATION COURSE
IED warmly recommends foreign master students to attend the Intensive Integration Course held by IED São Paulo.
The course is composed by two modules aimed at:
● Providing foreign candidates with a good oral and written communication skills in Portuguese
● Making foreign candidates familiar with socio-economic and cultural aspects of Brazil and Latin America, emphasizing the cultural trends in Design, Manufacturing and Creative Industry.
The Intensive Integration Course is held in Portuguese at IED São Paulo, lasts three months on an intensive scheme of afternoon lessons. The Course includes visits to Museums, Cultural Centers, Design Companies, meetings with professionals and Philosophical Cafés.
3.3 UNIVERSITY DEGREE AND CERTIFICATES VALIDATION IN BRASIL
To obtain the Official Master Degree at the end of the course you need to comply with a last step; as soon as you arrive in Brazil, please contact the IED São Paulo Academic Department to start a second VALIDATION PROCESS with the State Educational Secretary, that will validate your:
a. university degree or equivalent.
b. official study certificate (expediente academico)
c. university official document (syllabus) with the description of the subjects
d. copy of your high school degree
e. your birth certificate
All these documents must be previously validated by the Brazilian Consulate\Embassy and officially translated into Portuguese
(see point 1.3 – 1.4).
Congratulations, you have completed all the steps and obtained the Visa!
You are a IED STUDENT ready to live your IED BRAZIL experience!