This section describes the admissions process for the One-Year Programs.
The One-Year Programs have a duration of one academic year, which can be taken on its own (one-year program) or as part of the educational process leading to the second year of a diploma, with prior approval from the IED.
To register for a one-year program, it is necessary to fulfill the following requirements:
- You must have completed the General Certificate of Secondary Education or equivalent.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must speak the official language of the program.
HOW TO REGISTER
If you fulfill the aforementioned requirements, you must complete the following:
- Send a copy of your academic degree translated into Spanish or English.
- Download the Registration Form, fill it out, sign it and send it to the IOS.
- Send a copy of your national photo I.D. or passport.
- Send a certificate proving your level of Spanish or English (depending on the language of the program you wish to study). If you do not have a certificate, the IOS will test your level online.
- Send a letter of interest explaining your motivation for studying the program of your choice and why you think your education is important.
Once the required documentation has been received and approved by the IED, we will issue you an admissions certificate for the program.
To proceed with registration for your chosen course it is necessary to:
a) Pay the registration fee.
b) Pay the program fee one month prior to starting classes.
The IED will only refund the registration fee if your student visa is denied and you submit a letter from the Spanish Embassy or Consulate stating as such.
Participate in the Program Presentation
Before beginning classes, you will be invited to participate in the presentation of the program. There you will be provided with specific program information and meet the IED staff.
Once you have completed these steps, you will officially be an IED student and can begin to live new experiences! Welcome to the IED!