SUMMER COURSES IN ITALY
Admission procedures for the courses held at the Italian locations
1 – Admission requirements
For admission to summer courses, candidates must have an Upper Secondary School Diploma and a B2 level English knowledge, and must be aged 18 or over at the date of registration*. For ‘Intermediate’ and ‘Advanced’ courses, candidates must be registered on a university programme in the same field of the chosen Summer course; have a Degree or professional experience in the disciplinary area of the chosen course. For those interested in the Accademia Aldo Galli courses, detailed information are available here.
* IED reserves the right to consider and accept candidates under 18 for admission to the course of study. For students aged under 18, admission may only be confirmed following a successful motivational interview.
Summer Courses admission procedure
2 – Pre-enrolment
To begin the admission procedure, students must access their reserved area. The credentials for accessing the portal are sent directly by the Admission Advisor. Students that do not have yet the credentials should send a request through the website in the webpage of the relevant course, in order to obtain them.
Once students have accessed the portal, they have to upload the required documents in the reserved area. Documents mandatory for all courses:
– Pre-enrolment form and privacy sheet, filled out and signed (these documents are downloadable from the “documents” section in the students’ reserved area);
– Copy of a valid ID document/passport for non-EU students;
– Copy of high school diploma, translated into Italian or English;
– Motivational letter (written in the language the course is to be taught in);
– English language certificate issued by an authorised body. Students without a certificate must attend an interview on campus or via Skype.
Additional documents required for ‘Intermediate’ and ‘Advanced’ courses only:
– Degree certificate (or attendance certificate) and transcript;
– Project portfolio;
– Curriculum Vitae
3 – Admission and Enrolment Confirmation
Once documents have been validated and the language and/or motivational interview (where required) conducted, the admission documents will be uploaded in the students’ reserved area. To complete the registration process, students must confirm their registration by returning the admission documents, duly filled out and signed, together with the payment receipt.
Once the aforementioned documents have been received, and if the documentation is complete, students will find the registration kit in their personal area.
The fee for summer courses is made up of the registration fee and the tuition fee. To complete the registration process, a single payment must be made for both.
All those who register for their chosen course within the deadline indicated are entitled to financial facilitations for payment of the tuition fee. For more details please visit ied.edu/financial-aid