- To understand packaging, its history and its relationship with our everyday lives through design.
- To learn to innovate in the area of packaging.
- To understand and apply ethical environmental commitments to packaging projects.
- To acquire a methodology for creation, definition and execution.
- To understand the job of Art Director and/or Packaging Director.
- To analyse a variety of containers and packages at the structural level and define which is most appropriate for each project.
- To study the application of graphics to containers, packages and branding in packaging.
- To understand how each step in the design process and its execution is managed.
The Summer Course in Packaging Design combines an individual exercise (1 per week) with a group exercise (4 weeks) and a visit from experts in this field.
The course is divided into four blocks: Art Direction, Volume Design, Graphics and Management.
It includes Master Classes on the following topics: Branding/Visual Identity for packaging, Sustainability in the Container and Packaging field.
Volumetric and structural design (bottles, dispensers, pouches), notions of engineering for packaging design and pre-press (transferring ideas to the desired quality, printing).
Students and professionals in Communications, Industrial Design, Graphic Design and Marketing and those interested in packaging design in general, who wish to specialise in the field of containers and packages.
It is indispensable to know the basics of technical drawing and image processing.
Design Consultant and Professor
The educational planning for all IED Master courses is aligned with the criteria established by the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). The IED Master program adopts a credit structure that follows the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). IED Master only awards its own private degrees.