- To explore urban sports design by conceptualising and developing a product/experience, from the “insight” (concept) to the “inline” (sales).
- To assimilate the particular processes and methodologies of sports design.
- To identify opportunities for adding value and fostering innovation.
- To look in depth at the factors involved in sports design as a basis for promoting one’s own creative proposal and new business models.
An intensive course in the field of design that uses a practical and technical approach. The work is done individually and in groups.
Two projects are proposed and they are implemented at both concept and execution levels during the first three weeks in July. The fourth week is used to look more closely at one of the two projects.
To be able to complete the projects, there will be presentations, talks, workshops and visits to industry leaders, led by specialist professionals working actively in the area of sport.
- Conceptualising and developing design opportunities.
- Interpreting industry trends and transforming them into opportunities.
- Applying colour to a sports product/range.
- Introduction to technical materials.
- Testing ideas with simple prototypes
Students and professionals in the field of Industrial Design, Graphic design, Architecture and Interior Design who are interested in having an introduction to the design of products for the urban sports sector.
It is indispensable to know the basics of technical drawing and image processing.
Applicants are required to submit a CV and a covering letter in order to register. If some of the requirements for admission set by the Information and Guidance Service are not met, the school will evaluate each case individually, reserving the right to invite the applicant to a personal interview.
- Designer in a sports product company
Freelance designer of footwear, fashion and accessories.
Duration and frequency:
6th of July 2020
Monday to Friday, from 9.30 am to 2.30 pm