- To activate the student's colour term base.
- To explore the universal systems that define and organise colour.
- To acquire individual methodologies for creating ranges.
- To detect creative opportunities from a chromatic standpoint.
- To anticipate seasonal colours and trends.
- To learn about new materials and the colour pallets that work best.
The course starts with a specific theoretical-cultural approach to colour before introducing a series of tools and practical exercises for the student to experiment with colour application in different formats, materials and concepts and for different purposes. Lessons include presentations, hands‑on workshops and opportunities to collaborate with acclaimed local and international figures in the sector so as to share in their experience and passion. The course ends with a final project to be submitted in a personal portfolio with colour as the centrepiece based on a personalised chromatic pallet.
Graduates or working professionals in the fields of product design, interior design and architecture wishing to broaden and deepen their specific knowledge of how to apply colour.
Applicants will be required to submit a CV and cover letter. If any of the admission requirements are not met, the School will consider each applicant separately and reserves the right to summon applicants for an interview.
Upon completion of the course and depending on each student's prior experience, there will be various career options:
- The chance to join a Color & Trim team inside a large firm (such as an automobile company)
- Freelance work for a range of companies in various sectors: architecture, product design, graphic design, packaging, interior design
Duration and frequency
Start: April 24th 2019
Frequency: 3 months
Timetable: Tuesday, Thursday and alternative Friday from 18.30h to 22.40h
* The educational planning for all IED Master courses is aligned with the criteria established by the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). The IED Master program has adopted a credit structure that follows the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). The IED Master issues private degrees.