- Acquire knowledge on social and cultural factors related to communication, especially to trends.
- Acknowledge the relevance of brand image and know how to adapt and apply it to any communication event.
- Be able to adapt communication to each media. Know to use properly the new supports offered by social networks.
- Develop a practical communication plan project for a fashion company.
The course is segmented in four theoretical modules: the world of fashion, trends, brand image and media. Also, case studies and workshops will be developed. Throughout the educational plan, and as a way to apply the acquired tools, students will work on the development of a communication plan for a fashion company.
Graduates and working professionals from communication (journalism, advertising, public relation, marketing, visual communication), humanities, social science, history of art or design whose objective is to know and deepen on the specific field of fashion communication.
Press and advertising departments in fashion companies, fashion-specialized communication agencies, fashion communication media (on and off line), fashion events organisation, etc.
Audiovisual communicator with a Master in Journalism from the Autonomous University of Barcelona (Spain). Lecturer in Newspaper Reporting and Corporate Communications at ESERP (Barcelona). She has been the academic coordinator of several in-class and distance master’s courses and a communications manager and researcher with the AUB research group recognised by the Catalonia Regional Government Communications and Education Office. Ms Baena is an expert in educational television and educational communication, with publications in both areas. She has extensive experience in research projects focusing on educational communication, film literacy and media literacy both in Spain and abroad. She has authored teaching materials for all levels of education, both formal and informal. She is a tutor for AulaPlaneta in the Superpadres (Super-Parents) collection, for which she is the author of a variety of materials. http://es.linkedin.com/in/gloriabsoria
Duration and frequency
Start: January 17th 2019
Frequency: 3 months
Timetable: Monday and Wednesday + alternate Friday from 18.30h to 22.40h
* The educational planning for all IED Master courses is aligned with the criteria established by the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). The IED Master program has adopted a credit structure that follows the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). The IED Master issues private degrees.