This course aims to provide an overview of the skills and knowledge required to manage music events as well as implementing these dynamics from the creative industries to event management practice.
– To promote the importance of music culture knowledge.
– To enhance the creative aspect of producing a music event.
– To achieve the “wow factor” of an event through a music proposal.
– To train a manager profile for music events.
– To understand the technological needs of an event.
– To analyse the specific logistical needs of each event.
– To discover innovative management and technical tools.
The course combines case studies, workshops and practical exercises.
Prestigious professionals from various sectors share their music expertise with a focus on showing how this can be applied to reality (or to virtual reality).
Case studies are used as a common thread to apply the knowledge in various challenges.
The course is suitable for profiles in the following areas:
– Event sector professionals wanting to specialise in the music industry.
– Musicians interested in learning the design process and how to manage the production of a music event.
– Music industry professionals wanting to incorporate creativity into an event proposal.
Depending on each student’s profile and prior experience, possible career positions on graduation include the following:
– Event manager in the music industry
– Event planner
– Tour manager
– Production manager
– Logistics department
– Promotion office for creative industries
– Partnership hunter
– Site manager
– Booking agency
Event Project Manager specialising in Technical Production and Project Management.
With a background of diverse training and more than fifteen years of experience in corporate, commercial and sports events, she began her career as a stage manager in music festivals, concerts, fashion shows and television programmes.
She coordinated the technical production of several major festivals, including DGTL Barcelona, and also theatres, such as L’Auditori de Barcelona.
Linkedin Myriam Swanson
The educational planning for all IED Master courses is aligned with the criteria established by the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). The IED Master program adopts a credit structure that follows the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). IED Master only awards its own private degrees.