- To boost the ability to analyse and diagnose communication problems and to assess the measures taken to overcome them.
- To apply project management methods and techniques to put forward publicity planning strategies.
- To learn all about brand positioning and repositioning in different territorial areas.
- To acquire the tools needed to develop innovative, high-impact concepts and ideas.
- To develop the skills to use different media and formats, including conventional and alternative ones.
- To become experts in planning campaigns and carrying out all kinds of communication projects.
- To create a sound publicity portfolio, including both strategies and creative elements, which can then be used as proof of quality in job interviews or freelance projects.
- To boost creative potential and versatility, both of which can be applied in a broad range of areas and professional profiles within the publicity industry.
The masters is eminently practical and aims to prepare the student for the real advertising world of today.
The methodology consists in learning by doing. This means that teachers set their students real challenges and invite them to apply the theory they have learned using exercises and simulations to be carried out individually or in groups.
Professionals, graduates or undergraduates wishing to develop their strategic and creative side in advertising agencies (accounting, strategic planning or creative planning), communication firms, graphic studios, media agencies, or publicity marketing and communication departments.
This training programme covers every aspect linked to mobile marketing media and digital technology, placing the student at a professional advantage in pioneering areas: social media, interactive digital publicity, content marketing, SEO, alternative media, designing experiences, mobile marketing, guerrilla marketing, personal branding, communication for start-ups and more.
Upon completion, students will be qualified to manage the strategic and creative side of any campaign thanks to the know-how and experience they acquire working with the most efficient and original strategic and creative concepts, all of which are key factors in the success of a modern publicity campaign. Career options include:
- Creative publicity agency departments (both on- and off-line).
- Strategic planning departments for agencies or advertising brands.
- Marketing and communication departments working for businesses or institutions.
- Accounting departments in publicity agencies.
- Graphic studios and corporate branding firms.
- Media agencies.
- As freelancers, entrepreneurs or startuppers.
Ph.D. in Communications from the Universitat Ramon Llull, M.A. in Information Society and Knowledge from the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya and a B.A. in Advertising and Public Relations from the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona. She worked for over 15 years in creative advertising with multinational advertising agencies (below and above the line) and is currently a lecturer at the UOC, where she is responsible for the creativity courses. She is also a researcher for IN3 and continues to cooperate on professional communication projects. Ms Sivera is passionate about viral marketing/advertising, the topic of her doctoral thesis, about which she has written several books and numerous articles.
Duration and frequency:
Start: January 16th 2020
Frequency: 6 months
Timetable: Monday to Friday from 6.30 p.m to 10.40 p.m
* The educational planning for all IED Master courses is aligned with the criteria established by the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). The IED Master program has adopted a credit structure that follows the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). The IED Master is a private degree.