September 13, 2017
The talent of the IED Madrid at the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Madrid
Former students, who are now renowned designer, and young talents who are still training at the IED Madrid, will display their work on this key Madrid catwalk between the 14th and the 19th of September. This year, for the first time, the event will go beyond IFEMA
From IFEMA to the Parque de Atracciones, the Palacio de Cibeles and the Mercado de Antón Martín. This year, the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Madrid adds new locations beyond IFEMA, creating new spaces for the shows and turning Madrid into a huge catwalk between the 14th and the 19th of September.
An extra attraction for fashion lovers and for the 47 designers taking part, which include María Clé, Pepa Salazar, Moisés Nieto, UNDERTHEC, etc. Among the list of designers who have trained at the IED Madrid and who will showcase their proposals for Spring/Summer 2018 there are also some fashion students with great passion for this sector. Take note!
- 13th of September (OFF). Moisés Nieto. Venue: Real Jardín Botánico.
- 14th of September.
Claudia Alonso, Carmen Pardo and Lucía Sol, students of the 2nd and 3rd year of the Higher Qualification in Fashion Design, will present a capsule collection using sustainable fabrics during a session organised by Ecoembes. Venue: Jardines Cecilio Rodríguez (Parque del Retiro):María Clé. Venue: Jardines Cecilio Rodríguez (Parque del Retiro)
- 16th of September. Pepa Salazar. Venue: Mercado de Antón Martín.
- 18th of September. María Ke Fisherman. Venue: Parque de Atracciones de Madrid.
- 19th of September. Lye Lysianne and UNDERTHEC. Venue: Samsung EGO. Ifema.
The talent of the IED Madrid is also on display on the t-shirts of the attendants at the event, inspired by the Russian artist Sonia Delaunay, to whom the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Madrid pays homage. The chosen design, which was the winner in a competition between the students, along with the finalist designs, will form part of an exhibition at the Cibelespacio of IFEMA.
The IED Madrid always encourages you to experience the fashion world from the trendiest angle. In this edition, we propose a challenge: let fashion get under your skin! Come by our IED Tattoo Studio and cover your body with the coolest tattoos to create a total outfit.
How can you take part?
- Look for the IED Madrid stand at the Cibelespacio. We are across from the kissing room.
- We have 15 (temporary) tattoos available, so think about it carefully and choose the 5 designs you like most.
- Once you have the 5 tattoos, make space on your body, and show off a total outfit.
- Use your phone to access Instagram and take the perfect photo.
- The last step is to upload the photo to your profile using #IEDTattooStudio.
What can you win?
Whoever takes the most amusing image will be able to get a tattoo at Human Fly Tattoo, and we will also give away entrances for catwalks among those taking part. So keep your eyes open and visit our stand.