Fashion stylists work to communicate an idea, trend, discourse, etc. through the choice of a number of items that constitute a look. They do the styling for fashion editorials, advertisements, catwalks and events or for individual clients; they question the way in which we perceive fashion and, through their work, they become style prescribers, leading garments in a new direction.
A number of professional profiles have emerged lately- personal shoppers, image directors, coolhunters, trendsetters- which are becoming true transformers of the image in our century. This course allows you to specialise, so that, from your personal interpretation, you can project a new way of visualizing the fashion identity.
Under Pressure is first and foremost a 3-year training programme aimed at IED network’s students where they were asked to find 100 questions in urgent need of action. The results will be exhibited during the 2019 Fuorisalone.
• Understand the production phases of a photo shoot for a fashion brand or editorial
• Learn to analyse each incoming season and interpret it correctly
• Research the different fashion trends to develop your own taste in styling
• Acquire creative, practical and theoretical knowledge of the fashion world
• Generate thinking and self-criticism in this area
• Learn the basics of photography and publishing
• Understand the importance of the culture of fashion in the stages over which a style design is created
• Expand your contact with professionals
• Create a work book for your future career
• Stylist in publishing media (newspapers and magazines)
• Audiovisual stylist (fashion video-editorial, costumes for audiovisual productions from cinema to TV)
• Fashion consultant for companies in the sector
• Expert in fashion communication and marketing at showrooms and PR companies
• Freelance stylist for companies or individuals (visual merchandising, personal shopping or trend prediction, among others)
Dates and Schedule
October 2018 - January 2019
19.00 - 22.00 h. (Mon to Fri, 3 to 5 days a week)