The right to education is enshrined in Article 34 of the Italian Constitution and is governed by Italian Law Ranked n. 390 of December 2, 1991, implemented by the Decree of the President of the Council of Ministers of April 9, 2001.
The “Right to education” consists in benefits and services that IED offers in order to encourage students capable and worthy, even if without financial resources, to attend courses to obtain an Academic Diploma – First Level.
IED , through the Office DSU, provides economic benefits and coordinates actions and service to implement this Right, as required by the Italian Regional (Lombardy) Law no. 33 dated December 13, 2004 (“Regulations on regional interventions financial aid and university study grants”).
The benefits provided are:
– Scholarships (through competition held annually)
IED is also committed to promote a series of actions, aimed at improving the living conditions of students, in particular through:
– Service library, newspaper library, video library and borrow books free of charge
– Cultural and social activities
– Tutoring Educational Activities
– Consulting for guidance to facilitate the connection between the curriculum and the workplace
– Internship Office
– Conventions (for access to facilities and services at discounted rates)
– Assistance to students
The call for applications is open to Italian and foreign students (EU and Extra EU) who:
– are regularly enrolled in or admitted to the first, second and third year in an First Level Academic Diploma course at Istituto Europeo di Design, seats of Milan, Rome, Turin, Cagliari or Florence, for the Academic Year 2020/2021;
– have an ISEE indicator (Equivalent Financial Situation Indicator) of less than € 23.000,00 and an ISPE Indicator – ISP/ equivalence scale (Equivalent Equity Situation Indicator) less than € 50.000,00. The above certificates must be requested at the CAAF Centres (Authorized Tax Assistance Centers); For more details please consult the call.
– have obtained a Upper secondary school diploma average of no less than 80/100 (only for students enrolling in the first year); Students who have graduated with a foreign school title, will be evaluated according to the final grade resulting from the conversion formula adopted by the MIUR.
– have obtained the following credits no later than October 31th 2020:
- at least 40 credits (only for students enrolling in the second year)
- at least 100 credits (only for students enrolling in the third year)
The call for applications is not open to students who, in the same academic year, hold or have held – even only in part – another scholarship awarded by a public or private institutions, for example winners of a IED scholarship.
For more details please consult the call.
N.B. In order to apply for the call is sufficient to be interested in or admitted to a First Level Academic Diploma. The actual allocation of benefits and services are however restricted to students who are regularly registered (in order with the academic requirements and the administrative position paying enrolment and tuition fee by September 30th, 2020 -for the 2nd and 3rd year or by October 31st, 2020 – for the 1st year).
HOW TO APPLY
– Fill in and submit the on-line form, available on the IED website, by November 20th 2020
– By the same date, provide the necessary documents to the DSU Office. For the list of documents please consult the call.
VALUE OF STUDY GRANTS
Depending on the income bracket and the student’s geographic origin a study grant ranging from a minimum of 1.220,00 Euro to a maximum of 4.129,00 Euro (+ one free meal a day) will be assigned.
The ranking lists will be published on the IED website starting from the following dates:
Temporary List: December 4th, 2020
Final List: December 21st, 2020
For any further information, you can consult the call or write us at the following e-mail address: email@example.com.