The right to education is enshrined in Article 34 of the Italian Constitution and is governed by Italian Law Ranked n. 390 of December 2, 1991, implemented by the Decree of the President of the Council of Ministers of April 9, 2001.
The “Right to education” consists in benefits and services that IED offers in order to encourage students capable and worthy, even if without financial resources, to attend courses to obtain an Academic Diploma – First Level.
IED , through the Office DSU, provides economic benefits and coordinates actions and service to implement this Right, as required by the Italian Regional (Lombardy) Law no. 33 dated December 13, 2004 (“Regulations on regional interventions financial aid and university study grants”).
The benefits provided are:
– Scholarships (through competition held annually)
IED is also committed to promote a series of actions, aimed at improving the living conditions of students, in particular through:
– Service library, newspaper library, video library and borrow books free of charge
– Cultural and social activities
– Tutoring Educational Activities
– Consulting for guidance to facilitate the connection between the curriculum and the workplace
– Internship Office
– Conventions (for access to facilities and services at discounted rates)
– Assistance to students
The call for applications is open to all Italian and foreign students (UE and Extra UE) who:
– are regularly enrolled in or admitted to the first, second and third year in an First Level Academic Diploma course at Istituto Europeo di Design, in the seats of Milan, Rome, Turin, Cagliari or Florence, for the Academic Year 2018/2019;
– have an ISEE indicator (Equivalent Financial Situation Indicator) of less than € 23.000,00 and an ISPE Indicator – ISP/ equivalence scale (Equivalent Equity Situation Indicator) less than € 50.000,00.
The above certificates must be requested at the CAAF Centres (Authorized Tax Assistance Centers); For more details please consult the call.
– have obtained a high-school diploma average of no less than 80/100 (only for students enrolling in the first year);
– have obtained the following credits no later than August 10th 2018:
- at least 40 credits (only for students enrolling in the second year)
- at least 100 credits (only for students enrolling in the third year)
The call for applications is not open to students who, in the same academic year, hold or have held – even only in part – another scholarship awarded by a public or private institutions, for example winners of a IED scholarship.
For more details please consult the call.
N.B. In order to apply for the call it is sufficient to be interested in or admitted to a IED First Level Academic Diploma. The actual allocation of benefits and services are however restricted to students who are regularly enrolled (and have paid the enrolment and tuition fee) by September 30th, 2018 (for the 2nd and 3rd year) or by October 31st, 2018 (for the 1st year).
HOW TO APPLY
– Fill in and submit the on-line form, available on the IED website, by October 31st 2018 -12 pm
– By the same date, provide the necessary documents to the DSU Office (by hand or by regular post). For the list of documents please consult the call.
VALUE OF STUDY GRANTS
Depending on the income bracket and the student’s geographic origin a study grant ranging from a minimum of 1.201,00 Euros to a maximum of 4.495,00 Euros (+ one free meal a day) will be assigned.
The ranking lists will be published on the IED website starting from the following dates:
Temporary List: November 23rd, 2018
Final List: December 18th, 2018
For any further information, you can consult the call or write us at the following e-mail address: email@example.com.