August 2, 2019
The winner of International Young Designers Contest
Ukrainian Fashion Designer Anastasia Padalka won the Grand Prix at the 2nd International Young Designers Contest held in Kiev in July 2019.
The prize consists of a monetary grant for the brand development and a scholarship for Fashion Marketing Summer Course at IED Milano.
The organizers of the contest are Ukrainian Fashion Council and IED – Istituto Europeo di Design.
The event was supported by Kyiv City State Administration, the Ministry of Information Policy of Ukraine, and the Ministry of Culture of Ukraine.
Experts from five countries evaluated the work of the contestants and chose the winner of the competition.
The panel of judges was composed by:
Giovanni Ottonello – IED Art Director (Italy);
Riccardo Terzo – Vogue Italia Contributor, member of the editorial team at Vogue Talents, freelance-stylist and fashion-editor (Italy);
Liana Satenstein – Senior Fashion Editor at Vogue.com (USA);
Yu Masui – LVMH Prize Scout, Journalist, contributor of leading international fashion media, blogger known by his signature style (Japan);
Adriano Batista – Editor-in-chief at Fucking Young!, Fashion Editor at VEIN Magazine (Spain);
Eduardo Garcia – Founder and Director at Fucking Young!, CEO at VEIN Magazine (Spain);
Philippe Pourhashemi – Fashion Coach, Journalist, Stylist, he writes on Metal, Behind The Blinds, A Shaded View on Fashion (Belgium).
The finalists of the 2nd International Young Designers Contest-2019 were:
• Levani Shvelidze, winner of the BeNext Contest-2018
• Karl-Christoph Rebane, winner of the Estonian Fashion Festival-2019
• Adrian Michal Krupa, winner of the XX edition of Fashion Designer Awards
• Borbála Ferencz, choice of the Hungarian Fashion & Design Agency-2019
• Darya Golneva, winner of the Z Generation Young Designers Contest-2019
• Solomiia Butkovska, 2nd prize winner of the “Look into the Future” 2019
• Laima Jurča, choice of the Meringue Fashion Show-2018
• Ionuț-Florentin Piscureanu, 2nd place at the Romanian Fashion Design Talent Competition-2019
• Tereza Rosalie Kladosova, winner of the Sci-Fi Safari-2018
• Alexandra-Iuliana Iancu, winner of the Romanian Fashion Design Talent Competition-2019
• Milana Semjonova, choice of the Meringue Fashion Show-2019
• Katrin Aasmaa, winner of the ERKI Fashion Show-2019
IYDC-2019 Gala Show took place in Mystetskyi Arsenal on July 8.
Image credits: Giovanni Ottonello, IED Art Director, presents The Grand Prix Prize to Anastasia Padalka – photography buro247.ua