AN EXTRA HELP TO YOUR TALENT
IED and Accademia Galli are offering 100 Scholarships to cover part of the tuition fee to enroll in one of the Undergraduate courses starting in October 2020 in Italy. The initiative aims to facilitate those talented students who are in difficult economic conditions.
With the same goal, the Francesco Morelli Foundation also comes into play with extra help: 50 students who will win the scholarship will also receive a voucher, valid only for the first year of studies, which will further reduce the fee for the chosen course. In order to apply for the voucher, the student must demonstrate that he or she meets the requirements indicated in the Regulation.
To participate, students must register by the following dates:
– 11 September 2020 for those who reside in the countries indicated in the Regulations and on this page
– 17 September 2020 for those who reside in Italy
and participate in the online selection day on 22 September 2020 at 10.00 am.
Winning one of the Scholarships gives the opportunity of attending the chosen three or five year course at a reduced rate if the student passes all the exams of the yearly study-plan with an average mark of 28/30.
The registration period is over.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
– Read carefully the Regulation and the application requirements;
– Choose the course and the location you are applying for;
– Get registered by filling in the form on this page within the fixed dates. Once registered, you will receive the credentials to access a reserved area where you can upload the required documents.
– Upload the documents to your reserved area. If you meet the requirements to participate in the competition, an IED Admission Advisor will contact you and give you the necessary information to participate in the online selection day.
– Connect on September 22nd at 10.00 a.m. to take the online selection test.
– Take the online motivational interview, essential to be admitted to the IED and Accademia Galli courses.
– If you win the scholarship, you have 3 days to confirm your acceptance and 5 days to complete the application to the course of your choice.
– If you are a winner of the Scholarship and if you meet the necessary requirements, you will enter the ranking for the awarding of one of the 50 Francesco Morelli Foundation Vouchers.
FRANCESCO MORELLI FOUNDATION
“I want to give to the future an IED that thinks and always puts the students at the centre of its thinking, the real driving force behind our work. The young people are led in a galaxy of opportunities, not only those in their own neighbourhood but the ones of the whole world”.
Francesco Morelli for the 50th anniversary of the European Institute of Design
26 October 2017
The Francesco Morelli Foundation is a moral, private and non-profit organization. Owner of the Francesco Morelli properties, founder of Istituto Europeo di Design, the Foundation has as its sole objective the development of culture and education in design, science, art, creativity and innovation for the young people of the world and for society.
The Francesco Morelli Foundation has the task of creating and preserving the conditions so that the great project of its founder – Istituto Europeo di Design – can be handed down to future generations, and
to society, maintaining its original model, structure, values and mission.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS AND DOCUMENTS
Participation in the contest is subject to registration and to acceptance of the Regulation.
– Participation is strictly reserved to Candidates from 18 to 26 years old by December 31st, 2020 who have accomplished high school diploma by September 2020.
– To apply for a Scholarship, Candidates must demonstrate that they belong to an income bracket of no higher than €40,000, by presenting the ISEEU form or an ISEE corrente certification (if the employment or financial situation of the family has worsened compared to the calculation made for the standard ISEE certification). Candidates awarded a Scholarship who belong to an income bracket of €30,000 or lower may also apply for a Francesco Morelli Foundation Voucher
– Candidate must not have obtained already a IED Diploma.
– Candidates must show proficiency in the language of the course: B2 as minimum level required.
– Moreover, the candidate must be resident in one of the following countries: Italy, Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, United Kingdom (including the Isle of Man), Greece, Ireland, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Czech Republic, Republic of San Marino, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, Hungary. Albania, Andorra, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Gibraltar, Guernsey, Iceland, Jersey, Monaco, Romania, Serbia, Montenegro, Sweden.
The selection day is scheduled on September 22nd at 10.00 a.m. It is going to be a cultural test and a creative design test related to the chosen course area. It will be held online.
The project test will have as a general brief the theme DISTANCES:
The last months of our lives as individuals have been marked by the awareness of the value of distance. The social distance; the geographical distance of work; our relationships; the planet made small by the increasingly easy and suddenly interrupted movements; the planet made very small by the need to stay at home; the distance between families, groups and individuals because of their economic status; the proxemics in different cultures (Italians no longer shake hands, in the East no one ever shakes hands); the distance that increases between those who produce and those who consume (food, sales, etc.); the distance finally zeroed with the family with whom one lives; the distance recovered with nature; the reduced distance that animals and flowers have shown towards the built and inhabited world. The distance between European countries. The distance with the great problems of our lives that have become small.
IED – ACADEMIC OFFER
Interior Design (Milano, Cagliari, Firenze, Roma, Torino)
Interior and Furniture Design (Firenze)
Product Design (Milano, Cagliari, Roma, Torino)
Transportation Design (Torino)
Design della Comunicazione (Milano, Roma, Torino)
Comunicazione Pubblicitaria (Firenze)
CG Animation (Milano, Roma)
Fotografia (Milano, Torino, Roma)
Graphic Design (Milano, Torino)
Graphic Design – Motion Graphic (Roma)
Illustrazione e Animazione (Milano, Roma)
Media Design (Milano, Cagliari, Roma)
Sound Design (Milano, Roma)
Video Design (Milano)
Video Design and Filmmaking (Roma)
Fashion Design (Milano, Cagliari, Firenze, Roma, Torino)
Fashion Marketing (Milano, Firenze)
Fashion Stylist (Milano)
Fashion Stylist and Communication (Milano)
Fashion Stylist and Editor (Roma)
Design del Gioiello (Roma)
Design del Gioiello e Accessori (Torino)
Jewelry Design (Milano)
ACCADEMIA DI BELLE ARTI A. GALLI – ACADEMIC OFFER
Furniture Design (Como)
Fashion and Textile Design (Como)
Pittura e Linguaggi Visivi (Como)
Conservazione e Restauro dei Beni Culturali (Como)