Fashion Events and Public RelationsStart date: April 2014 | Duration: 12 months - Full Time | Language: English
Florence is the crib of Italian Fashion since its beginning in 1951 with the first fashion shows that have now evolved into the Pitti fairs. Currently Florence is on the world fashion map with the Pitti Uomo, Pitti Filati, Pitti Bimbo, and Vintage Selection fairs as well as transversal digital media events and high end luxury stores such as Luisa Via Roma. Florence is in an ideal location, being in the heart of Tuscany and at the center of the Leather center in Santa Croce and the Knitwear center in Prato. Moreover the know-how that comes from Florence’s traditional artisan history is now meeting new technologies and new ways of communicating fashion that make it a hub of cultural and style exchanges.
Designed for professionals and graduates that desire to gain perspective on the newest and up-and-coming communication techniques for the Fashion System, the course focuses on digital media and viral communication techniques. Attention is given to communication for all types of events, focusing on the roles of the professional figures involved and their interactions for successful outcomes.
The Master is addressed to italian and foreign graduates in Fashion, Communication, Marketing, or to those with diplomas from university -level-schools of the same fields as well as to young professionals working in the fashion field with a minimum of two years experience.
The Fashion Event and PR Master Course’s aim is to give participants the opportunity to further develop their acquired skills through a transversal analytical approach of the Fashion System and an experiential didactic method that combines theory to practice.
The program is structured so that participants will have the opportunity to work on real life situations and promote fashion brands, designers and artisans as well as gain insight into the communication chain of fashion and its multi-faceted integrated strategies that increasingly involve New Media and Social portals.
Methodology and Structure:
Mixing communication and creative skills with an in-depth and strategic approach, this Master course involves extensive knowledge of the cultural, historical, sociological and economic components of the Fashion System as well as the forecasting of trends in the specific target market, developing new communication processes for fashion such as blogging, content creation and publishing, styling, web, new media, advertising, runway shows and and event creation.
The notions gained are examined throughout the course in practical applications with company-based collaborations and projects. Participants will be expected to gain communication and event organization skills with an in-depth analysis and strategic approach that can be applied to any project in their current or future careers.
Pre Enrollment reduction within the 30th of November 2013: -20% of the tuition fee
Related And Supporting Subjects Area
- Introduction to business communication topics: communicating, informing, promoting. Managing communication strate- gies. Project methodology. Managing multidisciplinary teams.
- Fashion Photography Shooting
- A photoshooting session aimed at applying the Photography and Visual Language knowledge as well as creating visual material to integrate in personal portfolios.
- Fashion Graphics
- The study graphic design with programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Keynote (Power Point) to enable students to make outstanding presentations, magazines, web graphics and documents to ensure that their ideas are adopted inside the fashion industry.
- Trade Fairs And Show Management
- A specific study of the main fashion trade fairs and shows and their role, management and succesful outcome.
- Trend Forecasting
- The study of trends and their origins and predictions; based on cultural and economic factors, participants study the colors, materials and styles that are upcoming and relevant to the renewal of fahion.
- Viral And Digital New Media Strategies
- New strategies to deal with new circumstances, challenges and opportunities for the fashion field world-wide, with the involvement of 3.0 media and technologies
- Fashion History
- A synthesis of fashion through recent times to analyze how it is culturally percieved and promoted world-wide.
- Fashion Semiotics
- The study of signs and their identification, meaning and classification. The semiotic concepts applied to fashion as a particularly relevant field for the use of symbols in advertisement, runways, events and every type of communication.
- Italian Fashion System
- An overview of the main historical evolutions and processes that created the current Italian fashion system. Produc- tion processes and territorial specifics that led to the “Made in Italy” phenomenum and how to overcome its current and future challenges.
- Visual Communication
- Gives a historical perspective of visual languages that stimulates participant’s approach to different inputs constantly received by different communication medias.
Specific And Characterizing Area
- Fashion And Events Communication
- The communication chain and its applications to fashion Events of all types: from launching parties to runways, select events to product communication to company blogs and customer care.
- Event Organization
- The necessary elements to create a succesful event: from tailoring the project to selecting locations, logistics, permits, catering and invites; everything an event manager needs to know.
- Fashion Marketing
- The different market segments, analysis of the critical factors of success, creation of a basic business plan. Aspects of marketing: consumer behavior and needs, product values, customer satisfaction. Analysis and use of internet as a communication and business tool, On line & off line marketing.
- Fashion Photography
- A transversal view of beauty and how fashion is communicated through images. A path of beauty and fashion perception analyzed through the most significant contributors of the field.
- Fashion Writing And Press Office
- The study of the written word applied to fashion; types of editorials, articles, press releases, etc as well as the fundamental role of the press office as a major player of the fashion world.
- Public Relations
- Video Communication Techniques
- Techniques of video making, podcasting, 3.0 and web communication and their developing role and increasing importance in the fashion world.
- Viral And Digital Strategies
- The extensive use of new media for fashion strategies applied to event promotion, fashion networks and renewal of customer base.
- Visual Merchandising
- Visual Merchandising is a tool to communicate the company’s values through the proper use of the store’s design, fixtures and lighting, and of the displays and decorative techniques. This course will investigate all this fields and will explain the role of a visual merchandiser in any retail operation.
Annaluisa Franco, Coordinator
Education:Architecture Degree from the Florence University and the Ecole d?Architetcture de Paris La Villette. Experience:From 2002 to 2008 she works at Archea Associates where she coordinates and develops exhibits and events. At the same time she coordinates the editorial aspects of the www.floornature.com architectural portal. From 2004 to 2008 she is part of the editorial staff of Area magazine. Her articles are published on several national and international magazines such as Area, Materia, d?Architettura, Progettare, Casa&design China, Recuperare l?Edilizia, City Project. Courses taught: professor of PR, Advertisement and Fashion. Website: http://www.republique.it/ ______________
Courses of Fashion in Florence
Three Year Courses IED
|Fashion Events and Public Relations Duration: 12 months - Full Time Language: ENG Start date: 01-04-2014 Credits:||ITA||ENG|