Fashion Communication - Stylist and PRStart date: January 2014 | Duration: 12 months - Full time | Language: English
Starting from a deep knowledge of the fashion system at cultural, historical, sociological and economic level, the communication professional has to have a good command of the trends of a specific market economy, to be able to develop new information techniques and to manage communication processes linked to the “fashion” phenomenon (publishing, styling, web, new media, advertising, fashion show and events). The communication professional can work in the Fashion field as Fashion Stylist or Fashion PR.
The Master is addressed to Italian and foreign graduates in Fashion, Communication, Marketing, or to those with diplomas from university -level-schools of the same fields as well as to professionals working in the fashion field with a minimum of two years experience.
After a first step dealing with subjects linked to economics, marketing, communication, analysis of the visual language and of the trend dynamism in the fashion field and in the related contemporary culture, the Master Course in Fashion Communication Stylist and PR develops the most important communication processes of the field: from the structure and the activity of a press office, to the fashion show as a moment of visibility and strengthening of a brand identity up to the publishing and the specialized exhibitions; from the Web to the development of the media and of the expression forms linked to them (photography, music and video).
The Master Course in Fashion Communication Stylist and PR gives the chance to choose between two specialization pathways.
During the Fashion Stylist specialization course, the student develops the most interesting areas of the stylist activity: from the structure of a photographic set - and how it works - to the iconographic research up to the couture and textile technology concepts; from the web to the development of the media and of the expression forms linked to them (the story of fashion photography, music and video). The design objective consists in the realization of shootings that allow students to “gain experience” by concretely using the theoretical knowledge and the technical tools they learnt. The shooting realization will be focused on menswear, womenswear and still life.
During the Fashion PR course, the student will deeply analyze the evolution of the communication media and of their strategies. Three skills will be improved: a relation one aimed at developing the techniques required to work in the public relation field and press offices and to organize events; a publishing one aimed at analyzing the communication with reference to publishing of the non-broadcast media, the Web and the television; and, in the end, a managerial one.
“Communicating fashion” means being able to create and manage integrated communication strategies; to realize advertising campaigns; to manage the relationships with media and operators working in the field; to plan events and fashion shows, but also to work out plans for the launching of a product, a designer item or a brand. The success of companies competing in the increasingly complex and competitive Fashion System often depends on the Press Agency and Public Relation activities, on fashion journalists working for non-broadcast media, on TV or Web, as well as on critics and cool hunters.
For Scholarships opportunities, please click here!
- Fashion Communication
- Students learn the correct methods and criteria to consider in creating a fashion communication strategy. The fashion sector as a new type of communications that ranges from the advertising message to the major event.
- Fashion Brand Management
- Creation, management, development and protection of the brand. The “value chain” of brands. How to posi- tion, communicate and strengthen the company brand by creating a distinctive brand identity in reference to the fashion market.
- Fashion Culture
- Objective of the course is to analyze fashion as a historic and cultural phenomenon, from the growth of the stylistic codes of the end of 20th century to the development of the so called style avant-gardes of the 21st century, emerging figures and rising fashion weeks, the editorial and web scenario, as part of the new representation of the Fashion World.
- Fashion Sociology & Trends
- Elements of analysis of the social interaction and application of ethnographic research as a method to outline a cultural profi- le and the issues related to the life-styles. How a fashion trend is created today: micro and macro trends.
- Main aim of the course is to concentrate on the material and physical qualities of textiles by introducing techniques of textile construction and embellishment as a means of pattern making. Through practical use of various materials and fabrics an understanding of the characteristics and the suitability of specific materials is developed. Personal style and creativity are explored through further experimentation of the techniques.
- Fashion Marketing
- The different market segments, analysis of the critical factors of success, creation of a basic business plan. Aspects of marketing: consumer behavior and needs, product values, customer satisfaction. Analysis and use of internet as a communication and business tool, On line & off line marketing.
- Fashion Economics
- Goal of the course is to make students understand the value creation process in the fashion system. The course will put emphasis on the hybrid nature of the fashion business between manufacturing and cultural industry and on role of interactions and linkages within the fashion system among competences, activities and companies.
- History Of Fashion Photography
The greatest fashion photographers and their impact on aesthetic ideals. Their techniques and style of composition, influences and connections with the art world. Technical analysis of the main photographers’ styles.
- Publishing Companies
- The main objective of this course is to make students know the history of Fashion Publishing Companies from printed paper to web magazines the understand the structure of a fashion magazine, the differences in contents, graphics, target among fashion magazines though the analysis of the main European and Ameri- can Publishing Companies.
- Music & Fashion
- Analysis of the history of modern Music, the development of different artistic Movements and its influences in Fashion.
- Video & Fashion
- Analysis of video communication as sign of contemporary aesthetics.
- Fashion & The Movie
- How movies inspire the designers’ and brands style and how fashion influences the big screen.
- Fashion Web Communication
- Analysis and use of Internet as a business and communication tool: from Business-to-Business and Business- to-Consumer activities to viral marketing.
- Writing On Fashion
- Fashion Journalism: how to write an article on style and fashion, its characteristics and details. Part of the course will allow students to experiment practical composing.
- Graphic Culture
- Analysis of the graphic language, its rules and its power in communication. How visual identity, takes part in the definition of brand aesthetics in the market of fashion products as well as in the Fashion Publishing World.
- Thesis Project
- The thesis project represents the apogee in didactic terms of this educational stance,due to the implication of a real client in the process and the possibility of realization,giving the student a ‘cutting-edge’ in the jobs market upon graduation. While theproject is developed in response to a real brief, the student is nonetheless encouraged to undertake the conceptualization and development process with liberty, not necessarily being bound by the mundane restrictions of the client, looking to a solution that solves tomorrow’s problems, not just today’s.
Specialization In Fashion Stylist
- Fashion Editor
- Main objective of these lectures is to make students un- derstand the role of Fashion Editors, the coherence to the Fashion magazine philosophy through images, texts, graphics, the forecasting of trends and the relationships with fashion companies and designers.
- Visual Research
- The iconographic sources that inspire the stylist in the crea- tion of photo-shootings. Where to find the images. Interpre- tation and re-interpretation of images from the past.
- Photo Set
- How to move on a photo set. Basic photographic and lighting techniques as important tools to express and communicate and to relate to photographers and other fashion professio- nals during editorials and adv campaigns shooting.
- This is a training course in order to give students essential knowledge to transform garments, changing shapes and vo- lumes to give a new personal performance to garments.
- Styling & Shooting Still Life
- How to compose a still life photo. Which objects are more photogenic. Different styles of still-life. And working with a photographer.
- Styling & Shooting Menswear
- How to build a men’s fashion photo-shooting. How to find a fashion idea. How to choose the garments and prepare a male outfit. A photo-shooting practical lab.
- Styling & Shooting Womenswear
- How to build a women’s fashion photo-shooting. How to find a fashion idea. How to choose the garments and prepare a female outfit. A photo-shooting practical lab.
Specialization In Fashion Pr
- Media Strategy
- The drawing up of the document defining the choice and importance of the different media: press, billboards, cinema, T.V., public relations, sponsorships, direct marketing and the Internet.
- Press Office
Analysis of the various working methodologies and the different roles in a press office. Actions and goals in a public relations office. What they are for and how they work. Press offi ce and fashion parades. Working projects and functions in connection with the different sectors in the fashion business: haute couture, prét-à-porter, streetwear, young fashion; intensive, selective and exclusive distribution.
- Communication Plan
Drawing up of an annual strategic communication plan of a brand in the fashion business. Brand history and analysis of product, target and market in order to create a communication plan involving publishing, event planning and the web.
- Trade Fairs
Analysis and importance of trade fairs through meetings with representatives of internationally renowned trade shows. An overview on the international trade show scene. Trade fairs in the various fashion sectors.
- Fashion Show
The parade as the top expression of a brand style. How to plan a parade. The press office and its way of relating to the various actors in a parade: planning with the National Chamber for Italian Fashion, fashion designers, stylists, casting, location, make up artists, directors, music designers.
- Fashion Communication
- Filippo Leone Maria Biraghi - Coordinator Fashion StylistElena Muserra De Luca - Coordinator Fashion PrAndrea AdamiLuigi ArboreLorenzo De Grassi
Filippo Leone Maria Biraghi - Coordinator Fashion Stylist
Freelance Stylist, he has collaborated in the past with RCS-Rizzoli MediaGroup as fashion journalist for ma- gazines such as Max, Style, M., with Publishing House Futura for Uomo, Maxim e 20Anni magazines, ajnd with Arnoldo Mondadori Ed. as stylist for fashion editorials Panorama Travel magazine. Image Consultant and Buying Consultant for concept store 10 Corso and Carla Sozzani Gallery, he has created and is art direc- ting Flamboyant web magazine.
Elena Muserra De Luca - Coordinator Fashion Pr
She has worked for the main italian and international Fashion Brands, among which: Dolce&Gabbana, Studio Moschino, Mariella Burani Fashion Group, Pinko. Currently, she is head of Fashion,Sportswear and Accessories Dept at Connexia.
Storia della fotografia di moda
Lorenzo De Grassi
After graduating at Politecnico del Design in Milan, he starts his free- lance graphic designer career, working mainly in the Fashion field as art director and image consultant.
Journalist, author and director, he has taken part in the production of different video documentaries as well as theatre projects. Hehaswritten forvariousmagazinesandnewspaperssuchasFlair, Wired, La Repubblica and operated as editor in chief for OVO, multilingual video-encyclopedia. He?s also collaborated as senior copywriter and screenwriter of corporate videos (Telecom, Gruppo Olivetti, Gruppo Merloni, Flou, etc..).
Professional dj, label manager and producer, he is considered one of the most appreciated Italian djs of electronic and house music in the international scenario. He is the founder of underground music label Soundplant Records and of Boogie Drama project. He also creates sound designs for fashion shows, fashion and design exhibition (Adi- das, Edra, Prada, Moroso, etc..). Co-founder and art director of music festival Elita, he is currently resident dj at Magazzini Generali in Milan.
Fifteen years of experience as Market Research Director in various multinational producing companies gave Manuela Sacco a deep understanding of companies issues at different levels, local and global, from marketing to sales strategies. She has developed her own consulting studio, specializing in Marketing Intelligence and Retailing support activities.
Sociologia della moda
Fashion and the movies
Executive Editor and Style editor (fashion, art, culture, lifestyle) for various national and international web magazines, she is also expert in communication and social media marketing. She has been agent and special projects manager for 2DM Mana- gement and she?s been working as casting director assistant for Gucci and Burberry fashion shows. She is also involved as executive producer and author in broadcasting realities such as Fashion TV and Mtv.
She had worked as brand manager for one of the biggest Italian food companies, Barilla. She then moved to the Strategy Area of the communication field, working as a media planner for major communication agencies such as Mindshare and Carat. More recently, she has worked as a Strategy Director for Starcom Mediavest agency. Throughout her working experience, she managed to work for clients of very different business areas, including major players in luxury and fashion industry, both Italian and International.
Courses of Fashion in Milan
Bachelor degree of arts
Three Year Courses IED
|Course of Fashion Marketing Duration: Language: ITA Start date: 21-10-2013 Credits:||ITA||ENG|