IED Faculty boasts some of the most intriguing personalities in the world of fashion, design, visual arts and communication to offer the best guidelines. Sara Maino – senior fashion editor at Vogue Italia, Andrea Baccuini – former creative director at Filmmaster, Chicco Ferretti – founder of Continuum Design Studio – Massimo Giacon – independent fine art professionals collaborating with Repubblica and Alessi – are just some of IED leading figures.
Why choose a IED Master?
- 1st Level Master’s Degrees A selection of IED master courses offer a 1st Level Master’s Degree (60 credits) – accredited by the Italian Ministry of Education, Universities, and Research.
- Professionals in the classroom and school as laboratory Professors/Professionals train students in order to promote a practical approach, IED teachers bring an extremely high level of technical skills and industry expertise. IED students learn to use state-of-the-art technical equipment and softwares in order to arrive to the market with ready-to-use skills.
- Cross-disciplinary approach The interaction among its 4 departments: Fashion, Design, Visual Arts, Communication make students learn and improve their skills from each other. Regardless the course of their choice our students must follow Communication, Marketing and Management courses and participate in cross-disciplinary projects. Seminars, masterclasses, visits, workshops and special exhibitions by professionals from renowned institutions and companies complete the learning-by-doing experience.
- Genius Loci and international experience IED students are enabled to experience the genius loci (local spirit) of the city hosting every IED seat, as well as enjoying an international atmosphere thanks to the variety of nationalities of students (10,000 students from more than 100 countries every year!)
- Development of self-management in training IED organizes a network of specialists who can provide competent interdisciplinary responses to student’s needs. Student’s ideas and personalities are developed not only in the ‘core area’ of the Master but also in the personal language and self-management fields.
- Thesis as development of a real project from the concept to the market The final project is conceived as an official presentation made by the student in front a committee including the client/company. The briefing, the research, the development of the project are supervised by IED professor and by representatives of the company. The best projects are often developed for the market and the best students are hired
- Career Service and Placement Office Career Service submits portfolios to interested companies, arranges interviews aimed at activating internships and providing job opportunities and ensures constant support monitoring activities. Within 1 year from graduation placement percentage is 86%
- Follow in famous footsteps! Generations of internationally renowned designers began their creative journeys at IED (Salvatore Piccione founder of Piccione.Piccione, Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli currently creative directors of Valentino, Roberto Ortu Video Maker for Dolce & Gabbana and Vogue Italia, Andrea Militello Senior Designer Ferrari, just to name a few!
- IED is Europe’s largest International Network in Higher Education specializing in Fashion, Design, Visual Arts, and Communication made up of 11 colleges in vibrant Italian Spanish and Brazilian capitals of art and design. IED is 100% Italian.