Business Administration for Arts and Cultural EventsStart date: May 2014 | Duration: 6 months - full time | Language: English
Increasingly, the art system—specifically contemporary art—requires its operators (gallery owners, mediators, art advisors, curators, etc.) multidisciplinary competences in the matter of art history and also economic-entrepreneurial ones.
The main objective of the Master in Business Administration in Arts and Cultural Events is, thus, to provide advanced knowledge and entrepreneurial skills necessary to deeply understand and successfully operate in the multifarious world of the arts.
The Master in Business Administration in Arts and Cultural Events program is designed for post-graduate student who wish to specialize professionally in the world of art market and cultural entrepreneurship. It is also intended for professionals and consultants already working in such sector. People currently working in field areas different from the above mentioned ones could also benefit from such program in so much as it could provide them with an opportunity to investigate their knowledge of such topics to take on different professional ventures and new entrepreneurial activities.
APPLY NOW, FEW SEATS LEFT!
The program of the Master in Business Administration in Arts and Cultural Events is divided into three modules.
The first one provides basic knowledge in the matter of art history and economics necessary to those ones operating in the world of the arts. The second part is dedicated to the understanding of the current context: new markets and international dynamics; art quotations and emerging artists; fair trends; the world and the psychology of auctions; museum politics; restrictions related to art circulation and trading. Finally, the latter part of the program provides the opportunity to observe first-handily the dynamics governing the world of the arts and interacting with its operators. Such module aims at delving into the strategies of cultural marketing, the evolution and functioning of the fair system, and the managing of galleries and auction houses.
It also provides competences for a correct usage of important tools for trading, such a show to stay informed, how to read specialized press, price indexes, and new technology applied to this sector.
- Know the taxonomy of art markets and the role of the different professionals operating in them;
- Understand the evolution and trends of contemporary artistic production at a national and international level;
- Understand clearly the relevant macro-environment in terms of boundaries and socio-economic rules:
- Define potential future scenarios in respects to commercial exchanges of art and new developing markets;
- Understand how to structure new models of business related to art, its promotion, communication, and retailing.
The out-coming profiles vary significantly from art dealer to art advisor; from an operator within an auction house to an expert in art communication, and so much more.
Module 1 - Basic Knowledge
MODULE 2 – Professionals in Arts and Cultural Field
- THE CONTEMPORARY ART SYSTEM
- STRATEGIC PLANNING
- CULTURAL MARKETING
- ARTS COMMUNICATION
- ARTS PUBLISHING
- ARTS AND WEB 2.0
- FUNDRAISING IN THE ARTS
- LEGAL ENVIRONMENT IN THE ARTS
- THE ARTFAIR SYSTEM
- HOW TO ORGANIZE AN EXHIBITION
- HOW TO ORGANIZE AN INTERNATIONAL CULTURAL EVENT
- ARTWORK SHIPPING AND TRANSPORTATION
MODULE 3 – Laboratories and Case Studies
- FINANCING & HERITAGE: COLLECTIONS, FOUNDATION & SPONSORS
- CASE STUDIES
- STUDY VISITS
- PROJECT WORK
- The conception, planning and concrete set up of an Art Exhibition - inside a prestigious venue in Venice - will represent the final Thesis project, where the students will have the possibility to experiment a real situation of teamwork.
- THE CONTEMPORARY ART SYSTEM
Silvia Ferri De Lazara - Course Coordinator
Property Manager Villa Vescovi - Luvigliano at Fai - Fondo Ambiente Italiano
Curator of the Portuguese Pavilion at Venice Biennale2013
Director of European Museum Academy
Visiting Professor of Cultural Economics at Bologna University and Scientific Director at Monti & Taft.
Registrar at Biennale 2013
Director of IKON Gallery and Curator of the IRAQI Pavillion at the 2013 Venice Biennale.
Courses of Management in Venice
Three Year Courses IED
|Communication Design Duration: Language: ITA Start date: 22-10-2014 Credits: 180||ITA||ENG|
|Business Administration for Arts and Cultural Events Duration: 6 months - full time Language: ENG Start date: 05-05-2014 Credits:||ITA||ENG|