Business Administration for Arts and Cultural EventsStart date: April 2013 | Duration: 500 hours | Language: English
Increasingly, the art system—specifically contemporary art—requires its operators (gallery owners, mediators, art advisors, curators, etc.) multidisciplinary competences in the matter of art history and also economic-entrepreneurial ones.
The main objective of the Master in Business Administration in Arts and Cultural Events is, thus, to provide advanced knowledge and entrepreneurial skills necessary to deeply understand and successfully operate in the multifarious world of the arts.
The Master in Business Administration in Arts and Cultural Events program is designed for post-graduate student who wish to specialize professionally in the world of art market and cultural entrepreneurship. It is also intended for professionals and consultants already working in such sector. People currently working in field areas different from the above mentioned ones could also benefit from such program in so much as it could provide them with an opportunity to investigate their knowledge of such topics to take on different professional ventures and new entrepreneurial activities.
APPLY NOW, FEW SEATS LEFT!
The program of the Master in Business Administration in Arts and Cultural Events is divided into three modules.
The first one provides basic knowledge in the matter of art history and economics necessary to those ones operating in the world of the arts. The second part is dedicated to the understanding of the current context: new markets and international dynamics; art quotations and emerging artists; fair trends; the world and the psychology of auctions; museum politics; restrictions related to art circulation and trading. Finally, the latter part of the program provides the opportunity to observe first-handily the dynamics governing the world of the arts and interacting with its operators. Such module aims at delving into the strategies of cultural marketing, the evolution and functioning of the fair system, and the managing of galleries and auction houses.
It also provides competences for a correct usage of important tools for trading, such a show to stay informed, how to read specialized press, price indexes, and new technology applied to this sector.
- Know the taxonomy of art markets and the role of the different professionals operating in them;
- Understand the evolution and trends of contemporary artistic production at a national and international level;
- Understand clearly the relevant macro-environment in terms of boundaries and socio-economic rules:
- Define potential future scenarios in respects to commercial exchanges of art and new developing markets;
- Understand how to structure new models of business related to art, its promotion, communication, and retailing.
The out-coming profiles vary significantly from art dealer to art advisor; from an operator within an auction house to an expert in art communication, and so much more.
- 1st Module
- Basic knowledge: history and critics of contemporary art; sociology of consumption of artistic goods; elements of art economics.
- 2nd Module
- Knowledge of the macro environment: the system of contemporary art: trends, markets, and operators; elements of comparative law on commerce; preservation and exportation of artistic goods; arts as an investment; the marketing of culture; fundraising—strategies and tools.
- 3rd Module
- Labs, case studies and study visits: the marketing of culture (lab); reading index prices (lab); new professions for the market of arts (lab); intercultural communication (lab); organizing an exhibit (lab); how an art auction works (lab + study visit); managing a gallery (lab + study visit); the fair system (lab + study visit); publishing in this sector (case study); arts and web 2.0 (case study).
- 1st Module
Courses of Management in Venice
Three Year Courses IED and Professional Training Programs
|Marketing and Communication for Art and Cultural Heritage Duration: 3 Years Language: ITA Start date: 21-10-2013 Credits: 180||ITA||ENG|
|Museum and Gallery Development and Design Duration: 2 weeks Language: ENG Start date: 14-07-2013 Credits:||ITA||ENG|