Summer Courses in Italy
Admission procedures for the Summer courses held at the Italian locations
For admission to summer courses, candidates must have an Upper Secondary School Diploma and a B2 level English knowledge, and must be aged 18 or over at the date of registration*. For ‘Intermediate’ and ‘Advanced’ courses, candidates must be registered on a university programme in the same field of the chosen Summer course; have a Degree or professional experience in the disciplinary area of the chosen course. For those interested in the Accademia Aldo Galli courses, detailed information are available here.
* IED reserves the right to consider and accept candidates under 18 for admission to the course of study. For students aged under 18, admission may only be confirmed following a successful motivational interview.
To begin the admission procedure, students must access their reserved area. The credentials for accessing the portal are sent directly by the Admission Advisor. Students that do not have yet the credentials should send a request through the website in the webpage of the relevant course, in order to obtain them.
Once students have accessed the portal, they have to upload the required documents in the reserved area. Documents mandatory for all courses:
– Pre-enrolment form and privacy sheet, filled out and signed;
– Copy of a valid ID document/passport for non-EU students;
– Copy of high school diploma, translated into Italian or English;
– Motivational letter (written in the language the course is to be taught in);
– English language certificate issued by an authorised body. Students without a certificate must attend an interview on campus or via Skype.
Additional documents required for ‘Intermediate’ and ‘Advanced’ courses only:
– Degree certificate (or attendance certificate) and transcript;
– Project portfolio;
– Curriculum Vitae
Once you had the selection interview, access your private area; where you can complete the registration process.
Scholarships and Facilitations
All those who register for their chosen course within the deadline indicated are entitled to financial facilitations for payment of the tuition fee. For more details please visit the link below.