Master of Arts in Italy
Admission procedures for Master of Arts courses held at the Italian locations
To register for an IED Master of Arts (awarding a Second Level Academic Diploma) , you must hold an Undergraduate Degree (Three-Year Degree or equivalent Diploma).
In order to be eligible for admission to a 2nd Level Academic Diploma, students must:
• Be proficient in the language of the chosen course (Italian/English) and comply with the language requirement listed in the relevant section below;
• Hold a Bachelor Degree or a First Level Academic Diploma – also issued abroad or by a private higher education institution – deemed suitable*;
• Comply with the admission and enrolment procedures; • Graduating students or those who are about to obtain an academic diploma/degree, or other equivalent qualification valid for enrolment in the course, may also be admitted (so-called “conditional matriculation”), provided that the documentation certifying the qualification necessary for enrolment in the course is delivered to IED by the beginning of the first exam session of the first year of the course;
• Not be simultaneously enrolled to any other recognised academic course at any other higher education institution.
* In the event of foreign qualification obtained after studies mainly carried out in Italy, the recognition of this qualification to access 2nd Level Academic Diploma is subject to the accreditation procedure of the institution operating in Italy, as established by Decree n. 214, 26/4/2004.
After you have met with your Advisor for the informative interview on your chosen course, you can begin the admission process. You will have to access your reserved area on the admission platform, using the access credentials provided by your Advisor. If you are not yet in contact with your Admission Advisor, request information from the page of the course you are interested in. You will receive an e-mail with all his/her contact details, as well as general information on the course selected.
The admission test consists of:
• Valuation of academic record
• Language test (for candidates applying for a course taught in a language other than their mother tongue and who do not have a language certificate).
• Admission interview.
After you have taken the admission test, your Advisor will inform you of the result. You will then be able to access your personal area, where you can ultimate the enrolment process.
Scholarships and facilitations
IED supports brilliant and motivated students offering financial aid, right-to-study scholarships, merit scholarships and discounts based on merits of financial status. For more details please visit the link below.
Are you planning to start your journey as a IED Student?
Find out about the services available to you to get in touch and learn more about IED, orientate you through the admission process and the important steps you will need to take to successfully start your journey at IED.