- Gain better insights on existing/future customers
- Understand customer needs/problems and wants/emotions
- Enhance company value by identifying and acting on new opportunities efficiently
- How to lead teams through the creative process
- Distinguish between experience phase and implementation phase
- Prototype fast to clarify concepts and get valued feedback
- Validate and sell the ultimate story to stakeholders
Action. Reflection. Learn.
This intensive course is built as an experiential learning incubator: each day starts with an intensive workshop on the day’s exploration topic that allows the participant to get a deeper understanding of Design Thinking methods by relating those key-concepts and tools to that experience.The structure of the entire workshop itself is built on the divergence/convergence principal.
Learning outcomes for the program are: Imbed the notion of action / reflection / learning, when facing challenges in a project as well as in work processes.
- Gain an experiential understanding of design thinking concepts, tools and methodologies
- Be able to apply these concepts in various contexts
- Redefine / frame problems and needs
- Identify design and business opportunities through an holistic view
- Implement the design thinking concepts to create a viable product or service
- Identify, understand and transmit your findings to appropriate stakeholders
This Professional Summer Course is designed for professionals working in Sales, Human Resources, Innovation, R+I+D, Marketing, Communications, business development, Design and Management departments willing to work at a strategic level.
Each Summer course program content and syllabus have been designed by the appointed course coordinator, a specialist in the subject, together with the Master area Academic Department. The Course Coordinator also plays an active role in assisting to incorporate professors and developing relationships between companies and institutions in order to create links to the course program.
Her interests and work in the research and professional practice include co-creation and human centred design innovation methodologies. Since 2010, she is a design manager and lead designer at Designit, an international strategic design firm. In academia, she has been adjunct professor in The Ohio State University and Sinclair Community College, where she is in the design advisory committee. Currently, she coordinates and teaches in the Design Management Master and, in the professional programs in Design Thinking &CoCreation and Service CoCreation Design at the Istituto Europeo di Design in Barcelona. She is also a faculty member of the Human-centered innovation institute, h2i.
With a background in both entrepeneurship and arts, his interests have been focused around the creative process and it’s applications. In Canada he was founder of a digital media company, as well as part of the board of directors of a startup incubator and adviser for the member companies. He is currently an independent business consultant in Barcelona where he has taught workshops business modeling, customer development, finance for startups, and presentation skills in Barcelona Activa, Barcelona Centre for Design, the IED as well as various corporate clients. Previously, he worked for Alcatel Mobile Phones in Paris, and later as a freelance advertising music producer in Paris, New York and Mexico.
Duration and frequency
Dates: 6th of July 2020
Time: Monday to Friday from 9.30a.m to 1.30 p.m and 3.00p.m to 7.00p.m
Frequency: 1 weeks
Timetable: Monday to Friday, from 6 to 10: 9.30 a.m to 1.30 p.m and from 3 p.m to 7 p.m