A GOLD MEDAL AND A GRAND PRIX at the Spot School Award 2019 for the students on the Undergraduate course in Communication Design taught at IED Milano and IED Roma, which developed winning campaigns for Caritas Italiana.
EXPO DUBAI 2020: two graduates from the Furniture Design course of the Aldo Galli Academy in Como presented the prototype of their Desert Star sofa in Dubai, thanks to the selection organised by the Lombardy Region during the 2019 Design Competition.
Since 1966, IED has been guiding students through a scenario of opportunities ranging from their own neighbourhood through the whole world, providing them with knowledge on a variety of levels, in-depth and vertical skills and on-going training. The awards and acknowledgements obtained over the years trace a route for the students, projecting them into a global dimension.
– TALENT FOR FRANCE: international contest organised by the Algorize platform for open innovation. The students on the Communication Design and Product Design courses taught at IED Torino won four awards for smart retail and smart mobility projects.
– ADCI AWARDS: 16 national and international awards obtained by the students on the Milan and Rome campuses, including two golds, two silvers and the title of Best Creative School in Italy for the IED Milano School of Communication.
– CLIO AWARDS: The campaign Steal It, ideated by 4 graduates in Communication Design at IED Milano for Heinz, won a bronze in the Experiential Marketing category.
VISUAL ARTS AREA
– 4 NOMINATIONS FOR THE DAVID DI DONATELLO AWARD for Bangla, the film written and directed by and starring Phaim Bhuiyan, a graduate from IED Roma in Video Design and Filmmaking.
– VISA POUR L’IMAGE 2019: three students in Photography from IED Roma joined the International Photojournalist Festival at Perpignan as exhibitors. The event has been showing and awarding the best stories in the photography scenario for 30 years.
– INTERNATIONAL ILLUSTRATION AWARD. The former IED student Sarah Mazzetti convinced the jury of experts who examined the works of the 2901 candidates under 35 from 62 countries worldwide, and won the tenth edition of the Bologna Children’s Book Fair – Fundación SM International Illustration Award for her first comic book for children, entitled I gioielli di Elisa.
– PROGRESS PRIZE @ DUBAI GRAD SHOW: two students from IED Madrid have been awarded for their project Poleno, a silent drone that helps the reconstruction process of damaged ecosystems by stimulating pollination.
– OLIVETTI DESIGN CONTEST 2019: Fiscal Printer, the project of two students in Product Design at IED Milano, won second place in the “fiscal printers” category for consistency with Olivetti values, functionality, ergonomics and aesthetic value.
– PROGOLD BEST DESIGN AWARD 2020: Gaia Cozzi, a student on the IED Torino Jewelry and Accessories Design course, won the best design award for the 3D printing of precious metals.
– MILANO MODA GRADUATE 2019: Francesco Murano triumphs among new graduates in fashion schools and wins the National Chamber of Italian Fashion Fashion Award with his Ossimoro Plastico collection.
– MATERIALS AND EMBELLISHMENTS 2019 AWARD for the thesis “Invisible Made Visible” by Beatrice Marini, a graduate in Jewelry Design from IED Milano. The award was presented during the INTERNATIONAL ARTEFACT INNOVATION AWARD in London.