#IHAVETHISABILITY, SUCCESS AT THE NEW YORK’S CLIO AWARDS: the important global creativity and advertising contest rewarded the campaign that naturally aims to overcome taboos related to sexuality for people with disabilities.
DAVID DI DONATELLO to Phaim Bhuiyan, who has been awarded as Best New Director for his debut feature Bangla, produced by Fandango and TIMvision. Also awarded the Sound Design teacher Mirko Perri during the ceremony.
Since 1966, IED has been guiding students through a scenario of opportunities ranging from their own neighbourhood through the whole world, providing them with knowledge on a variety of levels, in-depth and vertical skills and on-going training. The awards and acknowledgements obtained over the years trace a route for the students, projecting them into a global dimension.
– IED WINS AT THE YONG ONES STUDENT AWARDS: Milano and Roma’s Communication schools stand out at the important newyork competition with two campaigns for Whatsapp and Spotify.
– #IHAVETHISABILITY: the communication students’ campaign reaches the podium at the D&AD Awards
– TALENT FOR FRANCE: international contest organised by the Algorize platform for open innovation. The students on the Communication Design and Product Design courses taught at IED Torino won four awards for smart retail and smart mobility projects.
VISUAL ARTS AREA
– CANON YOUNG PHOTOGRAPHERS AWARD: the Alumnus Davide Bertuccio won the 1st prize with his project Il silenzioso battito delle loro mani.
– ANNECY 2020, “GRADUATION FILMS” CATEGORY: two new graduates in Illustrazione e Animazione from IED Milano are competing in the most prestigious festival of the sector with their short-movie 3 minutes to live, selected among 3100 films from all over the world.
– VISA POUR L’IMAGE 2019: three students in Photography from IED Roma joined the International Photojournalist Festival at Perpignan as exhibitors. The event has been showing and awarding the best stories in the photography scenario for 30 years.
– RED DOT DESIGN AWARDS: Two Alumni triumph at one of the most important design awards with their “stealth” superbike mirrors.
– HISPANO SUIZA DESIGN CONTEST: the Spanish car company chose the project “Rey Alfonso” by Simone Fabbro, a student in Transportation Design at IED Torino, among the design proposals that came from schools worldwide.
– ROMETTI PRIZE, SHORTLIST for the future Product Designer Davide Zago, whose couple of lamps has been selected among over 40 projects coming from 4 schools across Europe.
– MILANO MODA GRADUATE 2020: a special award came for Alessandro Rupilli, Fashion Designer from IED Milano, from the company YKK Italia, partner of the event.
– WHO IS ON NEXT? ITALY AND SPAIN: two IED Alumni among the most promising young talents in Fashion according to Vogue Italy and Spain.
– PROGOLD BEST DESIGN AWARD 2020: Gaia Cozzi, a student on the IED Torino Jewelry and Accessories Design course, won the best design award for the 3D printing of precious metals.