A GOLD MEDAL AND A GRAND PRIX at the Spot School Award 2019 for the students on the Undergraduate course in Communication Design taught at IED Milano and IED Roma, which developed winning campaigns for Caritas Italiana.
DAVID DI DONATELLO to Phaim Bhuiyan, who has been awarded as Best New Director for his debut feature Bangla, produced by Fandango and TIMvision. Also awarded the Sound Design teacher Mirko Perri during the ceremony.
Since 1966, IED has been guiding students through a scenario of opportunities ranging from their own neighbourhood through the whole world, providing them with knowledge on a variety of levels, in-depth and vertical skills and on-going training. The awards and acknowledgements obtained over the years trace a route for the students, projecting them into a global dimension.
– TALENT FOR FRANCE: international contest organised by the Algorize platform for open innovation. The students on the Communication Design and Product Design courses taught at IED Torino won four awards for smart retail and smart mobility projects.
– YELLOW PENCIL at the D&Ad Awards 2019 for the Love Dealers project, developed by a team of students on the Master Course in Creative Direction for Durex.
– ADCI AWARDS: 16 national and international awards obtained by the students on the Milan and Rome campuses, including two golds, two silvers and the title of Best Creative School in Italy for the IED Milano School of Communication.
VISUAL ARTS AREA
– CANON YOUNG PHOTOGRAPHERS AWARD: the Alumnus Davide Bertuccio won the 1st prize with his project Il silenzioso battito delle loro mani.
– ANNECY 2020, “GRADUATION FILMS” CATEGORY: two new graduates in Illustrazione e Animazione from IED Milano are competing in the most prestigious festival of the sector with their short-movie 3 minutes to live, selected among 3100 films from all over the world.
– VISA POUR L’IMAGE 2019: three students in Photography from IED Roma joined the International Photojournalist Festival at Perpignan as exhibitors. The event has been showing and awarding the best stories in the photography scenario for 30 years.
– ROMETTI PRIZE, SHORTLIST for the future Product Designer Davide Zago, whose couple of lamps has been selected among over 40 projects coming from 4 schools across Europe.
– ROVERSI DESIGN AWARD, GOLDEN MENTION to Priyanka Kalamdani e Natalia Florez Chavarriaga, Master students, authors of an indoor modular microenvironment.
– PROGRESS PRIZE @ DUBAI GRAD SHOW: two students from IED Madrid have been awarded for their project Poleno, a silent drone that helps the reconstruction process of damaged ecosystems by stimulating pollination.
– WHO IS ON NEXT? ITALY AND SPAIN: two IED Alumni among the most promising young talents in Fashion according to Vogue Italy and Spain.
– PROGOLD BEST DESIGN AWARD 2020: Gaia Cozzi, a student on the IED Torino Jewelry and Accessories Design course, won the best design award for the 3D printing of precious metals.
– MILANO MODA GRADUATE 2019: Francesco Murano triumphs among new graduates in fashion schools and wins the National Chamber of Italian Fashion Fashion Award with his Ossimoro Plastico collection.