A GOLD MEDAL AND A GRAND PRIX at the Spot School Award 2019 for the students on the Undergraduate course in Communication Design taught at IED Milano and IED Roma, which developed winning campaigns for Caritas Italiana.
DAVID DI DONATELLO to Phaim Bhuiyan, who has been awarded as Best New Director for his debut feature Bangla, produced by Fandango and TIMvision. Also awarded the Sound Design teacher Mirko Perri during the ceremony.
Since 1966, IED has been guiding students through a scenario of opportunities ranging from their own neighbourhood through the whole world, providing them with knowledge on a variety of levels, in-depth and vertical skills and on-going training. The awards and acknowledgements obtained over the years trace a route for the students, projecting them into a global dimension.
– TALENT FOR FRANCE: international contest organised by the Algorize platform for open innovation. The students on the Communication Design and Product Design courses taught at IED Torino won four awards for smart retail and smart mobility projects.
– ADCI AWARDS: 16 national and international awards obtained by the students on the Milan and Rome campuses, including two golds, two silvers and the title of Best Creative School in Italy for the IED Milano School of Communication.
– CLIO AWARDS: The campaign Steal It, ideated by 4 graduates in Communication Design at IED Milano for Heinz, won a bronze in the Experiential Marketing category.
VISUAL ARTS AREA
– ANNECY 2020, “GRADUATION FILMS” CATEGORY: two new graduates in Illustrazione e Animazione from IED Milano are competing in the most prestigious festival of the sector with their short-movie 3 minutes to live, selected among 3100 films from all over the world.
– 4 NOMINATIONS FOR THE DAVID DI DONATELLO AWARD for Bangla, the film written and directed by and starring Phaim Bhuiyan, a graduate from IED Roma in Video Design and Filmmaking.
– VISA POUR L’IMAGE 2019: three students in Photography from IED Roma joined the International Photojournalist Festival at Perpignan as exhibitors. The event has been showing and awarding the best stories in the photography scenario for 30 years.
– PROGRESS PRIZE @ DUBAI GRAD SHOW: two students from IED Madrid have been awarded for their project Poleno, a silent drone that helps the reconstruction process of damaged ecosystems by stimulating pollination.
– DESIGN COMPETITION FOR EXPO DUBAI 2020: two graduates from the Furniture Design course of the Aldo Galli Academy in Como will present the prototype of their Desert Star sofa in Dubai in 2020, thanks to the selection organised by the Lombardy Region during the 2019 Design Competition.
– OLIVETTI DESIGN CONTEST 2019: Fiscal Printer, the project of two students in Product Design at IED Milano, won second place in the “fiscal printers” category for consistency with Olivetti values, functionality, ergonomics and aesthetic value.
– PROGOLD BEST DESIGN AWARD 2020: Gaia Cozzi, a student on the IED Torino Jewelry and Accessories Design course, won the best design award for the 3D printing of precious metals.
– MILANO MODA GRADUATE 2019: Francesco Murano triumphs among new graduates in fashion schools and wins the National Chamber of Italian Fashion Fashion Award with his Ossimoro Plastico collection.
– MATERIALS AND EMBELLISHMENTS 2019 AWARD for the thesis “Invisible Made Visible” by Beatrice Marini, a graduate in Jewelry Design from IED Milano. The award was presented during the INTERNATIONAL ARTEFACT INNOVATION AWARD in London.