The profession of product designer is more important than people think and that is where its greatness lies, in that the things we do for others are almost imperceptible, they are understood as something natural and intuitive and fulfil their function: to make life easier, worthy and comfortable for users.
In addition, this master’s degree wishes to highlight the importance of the process during the manufacture of objects, which is as important as the result itself, addressing issues like sustainability, manufacturing materials and processes, thus arriving at solutions and value proposals beyond a purely functional or aesthetic requirement.
IED offers 53 scholarships to support those talents who want to study abroad and boost their training path with an experience in Italy or Spain. Whether you are considering to take an Undergraduate or a Master course, the scholarship will cover 50% of the tuition fee!
• Train professionals with a preparation that takes them from the conceptual part, through the process, to the performance of their work in the field of product design.
• Delve into the understanding and the scope of the new ways of thinking in design.
• Understand the tools necessary for the development of proposals.
• Conceptualize spaces and the relationships between different typologies, generating new solutions and proposing uses and combinations.
• Provide students with a multidisciplinary profile, and with the ability to adapt to the work environment in various areas.
• Freelance designer of product development in the field of design.
• Head of the area of furniture design in companies in the sector.
• Associate designer for interior design architecture studios.
• Designer of ephemeral architectures and museum installations.
• Project manager within companies or stores specialising in the sale and creation of objects.
Dates and Schedule
October 2018 - July 2019
19.00-22.30 h (Mon to Fri, 3 to 5 days a week)