SUBMIT YOUR PROJECT BY MARCH 14TH
IED – Istituto Europeo di Design, “Aldo Galli “ Academy of Fine Arts and Kunsthal Centro Superior de Diseño SL offer 32 scholarships to support those young designers who want to attend a Master course in Italy or Spain* and boost their training path with a study experience abroad. The scholarship will cover 50% of the tuition fee!
To apply, students are asked to develop a project on the main topic Distances, following the given briefing.
Download the Regulation and register to the contest.
DEADLINE FOR PROJECTS SUBMISSION: MARCH 14, 2021.
* Students residing in Italy can only apply for the scholarship for Master courses offered in Spain while students residing in Spain can only apply for Master Courses offered in Italy. All other international students can apply either for Master courses in Italy or Spain.
HERE ARE THE WINNERS!
Andrea Abigail Almaguer Arizpe – Diseño de Interiores para Hoteles y Espacios Gastronómicos
Violeta María Colombo – Marketing y Comunicación de Moda
Laura Viviana Ortiz Coronado – Service Design
Alfonso Pacheco Estrada – Dirección Estratégica y Creativa de Comunicación de Marca
Carolina Galeazzi – Diseño Sostenible
Ana Carolina Campos Medina – Interaction Design
Antonella Rina – Diseño Gráfico
Francisco Alberto Etkin Blano – Brand design and management: food wine and tourism
Yolimar Martinez Merced – Curatorial Practice
Samuel Olusoji Oluwagbemi – Graphic Design – Focus On New Media
Anna Rose Turnell – Fashion Business
Christopher Emmanuel Udoh – Arts Management
Trinidad Orueta Burchard – Diseño de Interiores
Laura Virginia Jiménez Feliz – Fashion Styling and Communication
Maria Jamette Garrido – Dirección Creativa Para Retail
Maria Daniela Riaño – Dirección y Gestión de Comunicación, Marketing y Publicidad
Camila Sánchez Somoza – Diseño de Producto
Camila Bárbara Vongray – Diseño de Moda
Daniela Garcia Navarro – Interior Design
Mariana Pérez Parada – Fashion Design
Katarina Sucevic – Brand Management and Communication
Simon Rapisarda – Transportation Design
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
– Choose the course you want to apply for and register using the form on this page. Participation is subject to the registration.
– Read carefully Regulations and Briefing and arrange the required documents according to the “Concept features and format” (art. 4) and the “Required documents” (art. 5).
– Participation is strictly reserved to Candidates who have reached 18 years at the moment of application, in possession of a bachelor degree or – equivalent qualification – or having a job experience in the relevant field.
– Candidates must show proficiency in the language of the course: B2 – as minimum level – is required.
MAIN TOPIC AND BRIEFING
The last months of our lives as individuals have been marked by the awareness of the value of distance.
The social distance; the geographical distance of work; our relationships; the planet made small by the increasingly easy and suddenly interrupted movements; the planet made very small by the need to stay at home; the distance between families, groups and individuals because of their economic status; the proxemics in different cultures (Italians no longer shake hands, in the East no one ever shakes hands); the distance that increases between those who produce and those who consume (food, sales, etc.); the distance finally zeroed with the family with whom one lives; the distance recovered with nature; the reduced distance that animals and flowers have shown towards the built and inhabited world.
The distance between countries.
The distance with the great problems of our lives that have become small.
Conduct your research based on the topic stated in the Brief, in two steps:
1. Imagine a new product or update an existing one (product, service, garment, visual campaign) that may contribute to reduce distance or to transform it into a value to improve individuals lives and future generations. Focus on something relevant to the specific course you’re interested in and comment on the reasons behind your proposal.
2. If you already have a design portfolio, choose one of your design ideas that might be in continuity with the one identified before, and describe it. If none of your projects is related, please develop it or write a brief relevant and aligned to the requirements.
THE ACADEMIC OFFER
Diseño Gráfico (Spanish)
Diseño Sostenible (Spanish)
Diseño de Interiores de Hoteles y Espacios Gastronómicos (Spanish)
Diseño de Moda (Spanish)
Marketing y Comunicación de la Moda (Spanish)
Interaction Design (English)
Dirección Estratégica y Creativa de Comunicación de Marca (Spanish)
Service Design (English)
Dirección y Gestión de Comunicación, Marketing y Publicidad (Spanish)
Dirección Creativa para retail (Spanish)
Fashion Styling and Communication (English)
Accessories Design (English)
Master of design and innovation (English)
Diseño de Moda (Spanish)
Diseño de Producto (Spanish)
Diseño de Interiores (Spanish)
KUNSTHAL IED BILBAO
Diseño para el cambio (Spanish)
Diseño de espacios interactivos (Spanish)
ACCADEMIA ALDO GALLI
Brand Management and Communication (English)
Design – Innovation, Strategy and Product (English)
Fashion Communication and Styling (English)
Fashion Design (English)
Fashion Marketing (English)
Interior Design (English)
Jewelry Design (English)
Curatorial Practice (English)
Fashion Business (English)
Graphic Design – Focus on new Media (English)
Arts Management (English)
Transportation Design (English)