The traditional discipline of stage design, understood as a set used in the theatre, has adopted new multidisciplinary and universal meanings. Its scope has been extended not only to film, TV, advertising and events, but also to cultural and commercial exhibitions.
This master aims to train professionals who are able to design and create a theatrical space, which, in addition to understanding concepts and creative techniques, requires multidisciplinary knowledge that will help materialise the design.
IED offers 53 scholarships to support those talents who want to study abroad and boost their training path with an experience in Italy or Spain. Whether you are considering to take an Undergraduate or a Master course, the scholarship will cover 50% of the tuition fee!
• Learn the necessary skills to work successfully in the fields of performing arts, exhibitions, events or TV
• Devise and resolve the stage space through the assimilation and resolution of ideas and expressive techniques
• Learn to conceptualize, resolve and convey the stage space using ideas and expressive techniques
• Produce the necessary documents to carry out a stage design project: atmosphere sketches, lists of materials, technical drawings and models, etc.
• Convey the project to the customer, as well as to the artistic and technical team, visually and verbally
• Acquire and apply specific technical vocabulary
• Understand the importance of collaboration with the multidisciplinary teams involved in the world of stage design
• Set designer for theatre work
• Artistic director for TV and commercials
• Designer of cultural or trade exhibitions
• Event designer
• Set designer for TV
• Ephemeral architecture design