- To understand what an editing company is and the importance of the editor to furniture companies.
- To understand the importance of designing while taking into account the manufacturing processes available.
- To understand the importance of making things oneself from start to finish, bearing in mind that this is not always the best option, although it is a possibility and definitely a great exercise.
- To learn to manufacture one’s own designs with one’s own hands using basic tools.
- To edit, design and actually manufacture a piece. In this way, at the end of the course the students will have completed a small production run, not just a mere prototype.
- To learn to communicate and photograph the work performed in the best way possible.
- To understand in the end, from professionals from the industry, how a piece is edited, designed and manufactured professionally and by putting this process into practice themselves during the course.
This course basically focuses on the practical, doing, without at any time forgetting the editing, design, manufacturing and communication process that must be followed. Each of the four weeks therefore focuses on one of these topics, emphasising it, while keeping the other topics in mind to a lesser extent.
Week 1: Editing a piece of furniture.
Week 2: Designing one specific piece of furniture.
Week 3: Manufacturing and self-production, in this case, in series, of the piece designed.
Week 4: Communication and presentation of the piece produced.
Professionals from the world of design who are studying for or already have a degree in design or architecture. Also for professionals who wish to gain more in-depth knowledge of the world of furniture.
Furniture maker and co-founder of AOO.
Duration and frequency:
Dates: 6th of July 2020
Time: Monday to Friday from 9.30 a.m. to 3.00 p.m besides four afternoons from 4.00p.m to 6.30p.m
Frequency: 3 weeks
Timetable: Monday to Friday, from 6 to 24: 9.30 a.m. to 3.00 p.m besides four afternoons from 4.00p.m to 6.30p.m