What is the Master of Strategic Design Labs?
The current landscape is full of opportunities for those who possess the new values "‹"‹that society needs. Among them, it is worth noting innovation as a global value and a new way of working, seeing, approaching problems and solutions that we could describe as transverse knowledge.
Design has the potential to generate a new context in which to create value and new business models where the essential tool for success is innovation.
There is no one way to innovate, and there are many contexts that require different approaches and methods. This is why the Master of Strategic Design Labs fosters curiosity and creativity in students so that they can find the right path towards innovation.
During the master, favourable conditions are established over a year of learning and experience, to achieve the following objectives:
• Unify the business and creative visions.
• Manage and coordinate multidisciplinary teams.
• Reinforce designers’ identity as creative professionals.
• Construct trends maps with a business vision.
• Anticipate and interpret future scenarios.
• Establish personal contacts with various professionals.
• Conceptualize, develop and communicate innovative ideas.
The contents covered in the course are organized into modules:
• Foundation (critical historical analysis, methodology, sustainability, visual communication...)
• Specific (User Experience, financial, marketing and SEO, product launch process, Open Innovation, New Technology in Business Projects, start-up strategies, social entrepreneurship, digital platforms, content marketing strategies, global trends, start-up projects)
• Transverse (design culture, applied creativity, team building, design research, design thinking, job placement…)
• Thesis / research project (concept, idea, development, production, prototyping, display...)
Why study the Master of Strategic Design Labs?
• Because we learn by doing: only then is it possible to really learn.
• Because we foster research and delve into the boundary between design, strategy and communication.
• Because the multicultural environment between students and professionals from different places enriches their personal experience.
• Because we offer the chance to network with companies and professionals of national and international renown.
• Because the programme is based on an innovative and transverse learning methodology.
• Because travel and visits enrich the knowledge areas.
• Because the cultural activity during the course is intense and helps to complement the experience.
• Because it takes place in Madrid, a European capital that is home to major institutions and companies, with intense cultural activity and highly accessible and multicultural.
How do students learn in the Master of Strategic Design Labs?
Project culture is the basis of the work dynamic and students learn by conceptualizing, developing, producing and communicating.
The course is methodologically developed on the basis of:
• Creative workshops
• Activities and workshops during international trips to institutions, firms and companies. Previous editions have included visits to such diverse destinations as San Francisco, Silicon Valley, China, Milan, London, Denmark, Portugal, Barcelona and Paris-Boisbuchet.
• Seminars and lectures
• Case Studies
• Activities and cultural events
• Tutorials for the development of specific projects
• Thesis research carried out throughout the master's program
At whom is the Master of Strategic Design Labs aimed?
Professionals from the realm of design, in its broadest sense, who have been trained or have extensive experience in this area. It is also aimed at those with proven experience in related areas. This programme has been devised with a multidisciplinary and international approach, set in the border between design and production.