Replacing paper with screens, the increase in sales of publishing products, the proliferation of portable electronic devices, changing modes of access to information... all force the designer to make a continuous review of the languages of visual communication in print media.
For this reason, the Master not only includes the study of different publishing formats, the role of photography and illustration, the principles of composition and typographic aesthetics, but also provides knowledge of the cognitive processes involved in the process of reading within the new challenges of the digital world.
IED offers 53 scholarships to support those talents who want to study abroad and boost their training path with an experience in Italy or Spain. Whether you are considering to take an Undergraduate or a Master course, the scholarship will cover 50% of the tuition fee!
• Obtain the knowledge needed to identify the needs of the sector
• Discover the culture of publishing projects, the dynamics that govern their processes and the professionals that make it up
• Differentiate between different kinds of publications and their characteristics
• Learn editing tools, both on paper and in the digital environment
• Get to know professional practices in different areas of the sector
• Understand the processes that govern reading
• Understand the procedures of publications design on digital devices
• Freelance designer in print and digital media
• Designer at graphic design studios and web design studios
• Designer at advertising, communications and marketing agencies
• Design departments in publishing houses
• Design departments at branding consultancy firms
• Department of communications, advertising and marketing design at any company
Dates and Schedule
October 2018 - July 2019
19.00-22.30 h (Mon to Fri, 3 to 5 days per week)