Visual Merchandising deals with the brand image at the point of sale, from storefronts, signs, store windows, entrance spaces and music to what the customer experience should be when entering a shop and what feelings they must experience to feel part of a unique and differentiated brand.
The Postgraduate Course in Visual Merchandising and Window Dressing trains professionals capable of displaying a product, brand and other materials in the commercial space of a store or at outlets in large malls, creating an identity between the product and the brand, such so that the observer wants to possess it at any price and enters the store to acquire it. All this in different areas: fashion, design, accessories, delicatessen, etc.
Under Pressure is first and foremost a 3-year training programme aimed at IED network’s students where they were asked to find 100 questions in urgent need of action. The results will be exhibited during the 2019 Fuorisalone.
• Design different kinds of window displays in relation to the image of a company
• Define a visual merchandising strategy according to the needs of the moment and in order to achieve the best performance
• Develop projects individually and as a team, from the conceptual to the concrete, and from the initial idea to the final presentation and communication
• Delve into the knowledge and the scope of new design trends and contemporary thought
• Conceptualise links between architecture, art, design and the Visual Merchandising industry
• Achieve a multidisciplinary profile and the ability to adapt to the work environment in many different areas
• Visual Merchandising Departments
• Visual Merchandiser, working as a freelance
Dates and Schedule
October 2018 - January 2019
19.00-22.00 h (Mon to Fri, 3, to 5 days per week)